POLL: Display $ amounts & donator in Donation Status?

News & Announcements, Updates, Information about MACCA Central's websites and internet radio station, MACCA Radio - Beatles, Solo & Friends, The Voice of The Beatles.

Moderator: Mike

Show $ amounts beside donator in Donation Status?

Yes - showing donation amount publicly is ok.
50%
No - keep donation amounts private.
50%

Total votes : 10

POLL: Display $ amounts & donator in Donation Status?

Postby Mike » Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:09 am

Please vote is you think the $ dollar amount of the donation should be displayed beside the donator's loginname. You can view the list of donators by clicking on the See Donations on the top right of the Donation Status window. This question came up so I thought I'd put it to a vote, should the amount be kept private or public ? For the sake of transparency I've made the $ amounts public. Nobody has asked me to keep them private, I surely can do that.
Mike Kovacich
www.macca-central.com . . . . . . . . . . . . www.maccaradio.com
The Paul McCartney FUNSITE . . . . . . . . The Voice of The Beatles
Mike
Gold member :)

Re: POLL: Display $ amounts & donator in Donation Status?

Postby JumpinJoe49 » Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:37 am

I don't see anything wrong with showing who donated and how much the donation status is. If there are users of this site that are using it for free and never donating, then maybe they need to "CHIP IN". Nothing in life is free. But please don't forget those who have donated in the past and might have donated a good sum of money early on. Looking at the site and the Forums, listening to the music is great. But if people are voying or posting in the Forums and never contributing, maybe this is an area you can exclude people. To participate in these forums and casts votes for various things should require at least a minmum fee for participation.

Once again, just my view on this subject. :D
JumpinJoe49
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Mike » Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:35 pm

With the amount of responses (8) to this poll question, it looks like so far the NO's out number the YES's regarding showing the $ amount of each donator each month. This is the current method used when clicking on the See Donations in the Donation Status block. The alternative would be just to show the donator's name only.
Mike Kovacich
www.macca-central.com . . . . . . . . . . . . www.maccaradio.com
The Paul McCartney FUNSITE . . . . . . . . The Voice of The Beatles
Mike

Postby chris » Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:44 pm

JumpinJoe49 wrote:Nothing in life is free.

i thought "the best things in life are free"... 8)
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Return to Site News, Announcements