Future of MACCA Radio in Jeopardy

News & Announcements, Updates, Information about MACCA Central's websites and internet radio station, MACCA Radio - Beatles, Solo & Friends, The Voice of The Beatles.

Moderator: Mike

Re: Future of MACCA Radio in Jeopardy

Postby JumpinJoe49 » Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:59 am

Lets go people...................Let your voices be heard on this matter.
SPEAK UP.......... :bounce :bounce
JumpinJoe49
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Laura » Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:09 pm

Sorry Mike that I haven't been donating
but I try and send a donation.
Laura
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Harrythebannister » Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:36 am

Speaking for myself and I'm sure for many others aswell. If Mike doesn't bring up the situation on a regular basis, it's almost as if the problem has gone away. Lathergy is a major problem and I certainly need a kick up the butt from time to time myself. I haven't donated for several months, but will try to donate something shortly.
Man I could smell your breath a mile away.
Harrythebannister
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Mike » Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:04 pm

Harrythebannister wrote:Speaking for myself and I'm sure for many others aswell. If Mike doesn't bring up the situation on a regular basis, it's almost as if the problem has gone away. Lathergy is a major problem and I certainly need a kick up the butt from time to time myself. I haven't donated for several months, but will try to donate something shortly.

You are absolutely correct, it's my job to at the very least remind visitors to donate. I will be working on various reminders and updates.
Mike Kovacich
www.macca-central.com . . . . . . . . . . . . www.maccaradio.com
The Paul McCartney FUNSITE . . . . . . . . The Voice of The Beatles
Mike
Gold member :)

Postby JennyWren » Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:36 pm

I logged in to make my monthly donation, and I was sad to see this post from you, Mike. Yikes.

First, to listeners and forum readers/posters...WAKE UP!!! Make donations to Mike, please. If you can only do a little, so be it. Give up a gourmet coffee or lunch once a week and send it to Mike. If a lot of people gave only 2 or 3 or 5 dollars, it would add up to real money. Of course, if you can do more, do more. Just do SOMETHING.

To Mike: are there alternatives to shutting down. Like, could you go to a subscription basis? If so, what would you need to charge subscribers to keep MaccaRadio on air and to keep the site up? Surely there's a way to keep this going.

I, for one, judge this site and MaccaRadio to be an awesome source of information and inspiration. I would sorely miss it if it werent't here.

Please, folks, do whatever you can to help Mike out. Consider it part of your entertainment budget. Please help keep MaccaRadio rockin' on.

JennyWren, a sad bird today
JennyWren
Supporter
Supporter

Postby JumpinJoe49 » Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:29 pm

URGENT CALL TO ALL VIEWERS.............

Please try and make a donation to keep MACCA Radio going. $5.00 or $10.00 a little at a time will help to keep the music of the Greatest Musical Group of all time available to listeners. LONG LIVE THE MUSIC OF THE BEATLES............ :D
JumpinJoe49
Supporter
Supporter

Postby JumpinJoe49 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:10 pm

JUST KEEPING THIS POSTING CURRENT.....PLEASE SEND IN SOMETHING. EVEN $5.00 WOULD BE GOOD. WE ALL NEED TO PULL TOGETHER TO HELP OUT.
JumpinJoe49
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Mike » Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:58 pm

I have added a MACCA Central Supporter area on posts for those who have donated in the month of November.

Donators will not only get this special MACCA Central Supporter image beside all their posts, they will be added to the Supporter Group which will have many benefits as time goes on. The first such benefit to be added once I get some more code written and the database updated, is all MACCA Central Supports who have donated more than say $20 over the past year will get access to private messaging. A lot more to come later.

I will eventually back date all the donations, so if you donated to MACCA Central over the last few years, it will all show your Last Donation date.

Also I put together the donation goal and thermometer indicator at the bottom of every page in the oBLOGdi-oBLOGda. There is a link called See Donations, by clicking that, the box will expand and show the list of current supporters for the month. I hope this will help and encourage others.

Also, there is a new link to a different donation page that I haven't fully tested yet.
donate/index.php

So if someone who wants to donate can use this link and let me know of any problems, I thank you in advance.
Mike Kovacich
www.macca-central.com . . . . . . . . . . . . www.maccaradio.com
The Paul McCartney FUNSITE . . . . . . . . The Voice of The Beatles
Mike

Postby JumpinJoe49 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:08 pm

Just keeping this page current............................. 8)
JumpinJoe49
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Mark Rink » Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:48 pm

Hey Mike, I also am sorry that I have never donated but I will try to give something this month.Just like Macca Radio ,I also have finacial problems.I'll see what I can do :D
Mark Rink
Silver member
Silver member

PreviousNext

Return to Site News, Announcements