-cry baby cry
-sexy sadie
-i'm so tired

i think thats all of them[8D]
megs
Supporter
Supporter

Postby ElectricKeithery » Tue Sep 24, 2002 6:15 pm

The whole thing is amazing. A couple days ago, I listened to Birthday (as it was for me), but I could not bring myself to turn it off after the song had finished. It's just one of those albums you have to let roll...until Revolution #9, then I usually turn it off in disgust.

Keith
ElectricKeithery

Postby megs » Tue Sep 24, 2002 6:20 pm

quote:It's just one of those albums you have to let roll...until Revolution #9, then I usually turn it off in disgust.

same here[8D]
rev. 9 is like the only song on there i dont like
megs
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ram1 » Tue Sep 24, 2002 7:13 pm

Keith, Happy belated B-day man. Ya know, I haven't found one person yet who has been in love with Rev. 9. And with good reason. I used to try to "make" myself like it. Try to be "open-minded" about it, and try to view it as a work of art. But then I came to my senses. I think it just plain sucks. LOL. Annoying as crap.

The White album...hmmm....There's so much to say about this album because it's so incredibly diverse. More like a solo project for each individual member. Helter Skelter is still one of my all-time favorite songs. The first true metal song, IMHO. (Some people say it's the Kinks' 'Really Got Me', which is valid. But it doesn't hold a candle to H. Skelter.) I Will is one of the most beautiful songs ever written. As is Julia. I'm glad people have been mentioning Savoy Truffle lately. It's always been one of my top 5 faves from the album, but I feel that it's often overlooked. Why Don't We Do It In The Road, although lyrically and musically monotonous, is one heck of a hard-driving jam. I love it. Happiness is a Warm Gun...Brilliant. Rocky Racoon is always great...One of Paul's best story-telling songs ever, IMHO. As well as Honey Pie. And believe it or not, I love WILD Honey Pie as well. It's quirky, and I love it. If I go on any further, I might as well create a Michael.Riddles list of every song. LOL. Come back, Michael!!
Ram1

Postby megs » Tue Sep 24, 2002 7:49 pm

forgot aboute helter skelter i dont like the part at the end though were ringo screams out "i got blisters on my finger"

yeah ram, rev. 9 is c***p its like not even a song its basically all just freaky sound effects[8D]
megs
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Aujouret » Wed Sep 25, 2002 4:34 am

I can never pick a favorite Beatles album.
I don't think I ever could.
I love this album, though.
There is so much of it and so many great songs.
I'll give you my faves:
Rocky Raccoon
Revolution 1
Revolution 9 ( Do I get to be first? Hey, I love this sound collage!)
Cry Baby Cry
Long Long Long
Back In the USSR (I loved this when Paul did it in May. I mean this song really tore me up. I was dancing and really up for this one! Sorry, I'm getting crazy these days waiting to see Paul again!!)
While My Guitar Gently Weeps
Happiness Is A Warm Gun
Julia
I think you may have something there, megs.
This may be their "best" album. It certainly is brilliant, but then I start remembering other albums that are also brilliant.
It's a never ending circle.
Aujouret
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Brains » Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:21 am

I sat down and made myself like Revolution 9. It took me some time and trouble, but now I can listen to it all the way through and "like" it. But to listen to an entire album of Unfinished Music, or even two albums, no, that's too much. I can barely handle Rev 9.

The great thing about this album is that when it came out in 1968, everybody was making these psychedelic albums with flower power covers, trying to imitate Pepper. And then the Beatles were going to release a new album! Oh wow, is it going to be the ultimate psychedelic music? It has to be! But no, a plain white cover, with plain rock.

But what rock it was! Back In The USSR, While My Guitar, Why Don't We Do It In The Road, Yer Blues, Helter Skelter... Too bad it's more of a joint solo effort than a real Beatles album.
Brains
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Aujouret » Wed Sep 25, 2002 1:09 pm

quote:[i]Originally posted by Brains[/i... Too bad it's more of a joint solo effort than a real Beatles album.

But does that really matter now?
Surely we have bought the solo albums too, now we just have lots more music with all those solo albums.
I'm sure the frictions within the band was why it is a "joint solo effort".
I like the other "unfinished" albums too, but then I was always a big Lennon fan. I like that freeform stuff, the surrealist artists and that cool preshow Paul's doing on tour. Some things are more interesting than others, but that's the fun of it.
Some people get upset about Paul's preshow. They look for meaning or think it's boring instead of just seeing what is there. I love the music. The women performers are so lovely up close (I had an aisle seat in May).
Aujouret
Silver member
Silver member

Postby dsnito » Wed Sep 25, 2002 3:37 pm

I only know that's an EXCELLENT double album, another Beatles masterpiece!! Quantity and quality are present on that, even Revolution 9 that I don't like but viewing with opened mind was a "revolutionary" piece at that time, a caleidoscope of sounds...
WA really showed each musical Beatle personality in various styles, and their singer/songwriter/musician great qualities that made them the most succesful musical group of the 20th century, and for me they STILL are.

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Next

Return to The Beatles: Albums