::Let It Be...Naked

A discussion of all the Beatle albums

Moderator: Mike

Postby Bluebird » Tue Apr 27, 2004 4:51 am

yep after my informations
You must appreciate the day...
User avatar
Bluebird
Platinum member
Platinum member
 
Posts: 9023
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 10:06 am
Location: Copenhagen - Denmark

Postby admiralvanderbilt » Fri Apr 30, 2004 12:31 pm

I'm pretty sure the Beatles never recorded a version of Come and Get It. Paul specifically wrote it for Badfinger, to go on a movie soundtrack (Peter Sellars, forget the title). He demoed it at Abbey Road (playing everything etc) just before a Beatles session.

There was never any possibility this was going to be a Beatles track. Now I think of it, I'm not sure how he managed to get it voted onto Anthology.....
down in the jungle, living in a tent....
User avatar
admiralvanderbilt
Bronze member
Bronze member
 
Posts: 870
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2003 4:52 am
Location: United Kingdom

Postby Steve-o » Fri Apr 30, 2004 4:18 pm

admiralvanderbilt wrote:I'm pretty sure the Beatles never recorded a version of Come and Get It. Paul specifically wrote it for Badfinger, to go on a movie soundtrack (Peter Sellars, forget the title). He demoed it at Abbey Road (playing everything etc) just before a Beatles session.

There was never any possibility this was going to be a Beatles track. Now I think of it, I'm not sure how he managed to get it voted onto Anthology.....
Thanks Admiral...that's what I was getting at. I've never heard of it being on any of the LIB boots. I'm still waiting for this "informations", lol
How Come No One Older Than Me Ever Seems To Understand The Things I Wanna To Do?
User avatar
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter
 
Posts: 11077
Joined: Sat Apr 20, 2002 11:18 pm
Location: USA

Postby Bluebird » Sat May 01, 2004 4:07 am

who plays it on Anthology 3 version?
You must appreciate the day...
User avatar
Bluebird
Platinum member
Platinum member
 
Posts: 9023
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 10:06 am
Location: Copenhagen - Denmark

Postby Steve-o » Sat May 01, 2004 8:37 am

Biggest Paul Fan wrote:who plays it on Anthology 3 version?
THat was Paul only---a demo.
How Come No One Older Than Me Ever Seems To Understand The Things I Wanna To Do?
User avatar
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter
 
Posts: 11077
Joined: Sat Apr 20, 2002 11:18 pm
Location: USA

Postby Bluebird » Sun May 02, 2004 6:26 am

Steve-o wrote:
Biggest Paul Fan wrote:who plays it on Anthology 3 version?
THat was Paul only---a demo.
Thanks, cool if he has needed it in his own career.
You must appreciate the day...
User avatar
Bluebird
Platinum member
Platinum member
 
Posts: 9023
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 10:06 am
Location: Copenhagen - Denmark

Postby TheBeatles1988 » Tue Jul 20, 2004 5:40 pm

Bluebird wrote:
Steve-o wrote:
Biggest Paul Fan wrote:who plays it on Anthology 3 version?
THat was Paul only---a demo.
Thanks, cool if he has needed it in his own career.


Mmmmm... Yea
Click here veiw my website

http://www.freewebs.com/thebeatles1988/
User avatar
TheBeatles1988
Silver member
Silver member
 
Posts: 1291
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2004 12:18 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Postby TheBeatles1988 » Mon Aug 30, 2004 1:13 pm

EMB wrote:An interesting listen, nothing more than that. "Across The Universe" is the best of the lot, "Two Of Us" pretty fine also. But really, the Spector version wasn't all that bad, and I'd still take his production over the dull gloss heard throughout this revisionist collection. Attractively packaged on vinyl, though...


ED 8)


Yes that song is a good we number but I haven't heard it in a while
Click here veiw my website

http://www.freewebs.com/thebeatles1988/
User avatar
TheBeatles1988
Silver member
Silver member
 
Posts: 1291
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2004 12:18 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Postby Bluebird » Fri Oct 22, 2004 5:16 pm

Any ideas why Most of Pauls songs is one the 1st side and Johns on the second. Is it just random, or some ideas?
You must appreciate the day...
User avatar
Bluebird
Platinum member
Platinum member
 
Posts: 9023
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 10:06 am
Location: Copenhagen - Denmark

PreviousNext

Return to The Beatles: Albums

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron