::Let It Be...Naked

A discussion of all the Beatle albums

Moderator: Mike

Postby theDingle » Wed Dec 03, 2003 5:56 pm

Thanks, Berkers! I didn't do too bad there, huh? [8D] I wish I could make big money remembering useless info like that, lol! [:I]

OK, let's try this. I believe he played that lead on a brownish/maroonish Telecaster (seriously, I don't have that BeatleGear book). I think this is the one that recently was sold at auction for gobs of money (close to half a mil? Maybe not that much.) which he had given to Delaney Bramlett at some point having toured with them soon after the Beatle break-up, yes/no?
theDingle
Gold member :)

Postby admiralvanderbilt » Thu Dec 04, 2003 4:53 am

admiralvanderbilt
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Steve-o » Thu Dec 04, 2003 8:49 am

I have the Gear book, but am away from home right now, so I couldnt look it up. Interesting auction, though. Looks like Delaney is trying to raise some cashola.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Berkeleyan » Thu Dec 04, 2003 10:53 am

"I wish I could make big money remembering useless info like that, lol!"(TheDingle)

I don´t think it´s useless info - their rememberance (is there such a word ?) or utterance gives so much pleasure to the Beatle freak, these bits and pieces of info are like little undefineable packets of happiness. Or to paraphrase Godknowswho: they´re stuff that dreams are made of...[:)][:)][:)][:)]
Berkeleyan

Postby theDingle » Thu Dec 04, 2003 11:30 am

True Berks, I suppose it's not useless if it's fun! Cool link, adv!

After repeated listenings, I still don't know if I care that much for Preston's keyboard solo in LAWR. I never thought Spector's strings and choir was that bad, even though they detract from a live feel.
theDingle

Postby Steve-o » Thu Dec 04, 2003 1:17 pm

On LAWR: I have always hated the strings and the way they were mixed....maybe a softer mix would have been better. macca always sounded so muffled. I love the simplicity of the organ solo by BP..just makes the song for me.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Harry » Tue Dec 09, 2003 5:01 am

Of all the songs on this do you guys think that LAWR has the most dated production? I mean the sound of the BP's keyboards. All the other songs on the album have quite a modern feel except for this one.

I'm still on the fence with LAWR, I like both released versions because they're so different from each other. I think the song does lend itself to a string arrangement quite frankly. Maybe we need another one [:D]
Harry

Postby Berkeleyan » Tue Dec 09, 2003 12:31 pm

There is another version of LAWR, which is my favorite: the one on Give My Regards to Broad Street. I love the sax solo on it, the band performs flawlessly and the songs acquired a cool kind of touch.
I think it´s some sort of slick, intermediate version, between the official orchestral version on Let it Be and the stripped-down version on LIB...Naked. [:)]
Berkeleyan

Postby admiralvanderbilt » Tue Dec 09, 2003 1:33 pm

quote:Originally posted by Berkeleyan
There is another version of LAWR, which is my favorite: the one on Give My Regards to Broad Street. I love the sax solo on it, the band performs flawlessly and the songs acquired a cool kind of touch.
I think it´s some sort of slick, intermediate version, between the official orchestral version on Let it Be and the stripped-down version on LIB...Naked. [:)]

Yup, that's the first version I really knew / grew up with believe it or not. Still like it, but sounds a bit 80s now. The sax solo works quite nicely on piano too.
admiralvanderbilt
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby DylansMrJones » Sat Dec 20, 2003 5:45 pm

LET IT BE...NAKED

Sorry folks, but I found this newest Beatles release to be a huge let down. It's not awful, but it could have been so much more. It's too short and there's very little I haven't heard before. I was also a bit disappointed to hear that Phil Spector's edits are still evident in Dig A Pony.

On the positive side, this CD sounds great. The FLY ON THE WALL disc is fun. My main problem with LET IT BE...NAKED is that there should have been more previously unreleased tracks. The first 11 tracks should have been followed by a few alternate takes and unreleased songs.What a missed opportunity this was.

On the other hand, I love the CD booklet and cover design. Go figure.
DylansMrJones

PreviousNext

Return to The Beatles: Albums