::Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band

A discussion of all the Beatle albums

Moderator: Mike

Postby Bluebird » Wed Aug 11, 2004 6:38 am

dsnito wrote:
Bluebird wrote:
dsnito wrote:
Bluebird wrote:
macca-fanna wrote:it IS because John was shot. many people know him now like you know that JFK was murdered. and for they always write 'ex-Beatles John Lennon' those people always think 'Beatles? wasn't that the band John Lennon was a member of?' so they only know him as a group-member.
That´s so true!

Yeah, this be called HISTORY...John Lennon as well as THE BEATLES are entries in a lot of encyclopedias...
But I think it is a realistic conclusion..

Too much sad fact. Realistic indeed, but a fact that happened...
Destiny Obversation!
You must appreciate the day...
Bluebird
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby kapoo » Mon Aug 30, 2004 6:16 pm

Unfortunately I don't own a copy of Pepper right now (my disk is too scratched! but, I was debating with a fellow fan what song ends in John repeating the line "never do see any other way/never do see any other way/never do see...." What song is that after? And is it on Pepper?
kapoo

Postby HeyJude » Mon Aug 30, 2004 6:36 pm

kapoo wrote:Unfortunately I don't own a copy of Pepper right now (my disk is too scratched! but, I was debating with a fellow fan what song ends in John repeating the line "never do see any other way/never do see any other way/never do see...." What song is that after? And is it on Pepper?

That's after A Day In THe Life. I heard that on LPs you could only hear it if the record player didn't have certain dunnowhat, cos it's on the very last tracks of the LP. My CD version doesn't have it either.
one sweet dream came true today!!!!!
4.6.2004 Leipzig
yay Anna!!!! :mrgreen:
HeyJude
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Ram1 » Mon Aug 30, 2004 7:31 pm

EMB wrote:Still a great dazzler...not quite the masterpiece so many thought it was at the time,
ED 8)

Well I don't know about that. I think Sgt. Pepper is still considered by most people, myself included, a magnificent masterpiece. Abbey Road is actually my favorite Beatles record, but NO band has ever equaled Pepper. Been a lot of knock-offs, but they're just that....knock-offs.
October 8th, 2005....The BEST show EVER!!!!
Ram1

Postby Steve-o » Mon Aug 30, 2004 10:31 pm

kapoo wrote:Unfortunately I don't own a copy of Pepper right now (my disk is too scratched! but, I was debating with a fellow fan what song ends in John repeating the line "never do see any other way/never do see any other way/never do see...." What song is that after? And is it on Pepper?
I have it on the "Rarities" LP, released in 1980. It says: "Not actually a song, this is merely several seconds of laughing and gibberish that appeared as the tail end of the SPLHCB album in other countries, but was never released before in the US."
How Come No One Older Than Me Ever Seems To Understand The Things I Wanna To Do?
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Bluebird » Mon Sep 13, 2004 3:18 pm

Sgt. pepper as I think is the biggest album in the history of Music is and will always be my most dearly darling, and it´s like a gold-medal in the whole myth of the fab four. I see Sgt. pepper as a family member of mine.
Bluebird
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby dsnito » Tue Sep 14, 2004 6:57 pm

EMB wrote:Play that backward and you get a shock! :shock:

ED 8)

One more PID clue?? :P :lol: I just can't do it 'cos it may damage my precious turntable...it turns on when I pick up the needle to the vinyl, but...what's up playing backward??
Life Is Very Short And There's No Time For Fussing And Fighting, My Friend...
Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Bluebird » Wed Sep 15, 2004 11:12 am

dsnito wrote:
EMB wrote:Play that backward and you get a shock! :shock:

ED 8)

One more PID clue?? :P :lol: I just can't do it 'cos it may damage my precious turntable...it turns on when I pick up the needle to the vinyl, but...what's up playing backward??
As I have read in one of my many beatles books, it has something to do with the "Dead mystery of Paul" I came back when I get the precisly words.
Bluebird
Platinum member
Platinum member

PreviousNext

Return to The Beatles: Albums