::Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band

A discussion of all the Beatle albums

Moderator: Mike

Postby Bluebird » Wed Jun 16, 2004 4:18 pm

Yeah and some of them SO popular that they are legendary and a kind of myths. I see "Yesterday" as a myth. The best song EVER obviously.
You must appreciate the day...
Bluebird
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby esto » Thu Jul 22, 2004 12:16 pm

I remember very well when I first time heard Sgt.Peppers. I can´t exactly recall was it in late 60´s or early 70´s. Too late maybe, but we lived in Soviet Union this time. It was first LP ever I listened to. After that I was not the same person again and will never be.
esto
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Maestri09 » Thu Jul 22, 2004 3:36 pm

That's incredible Esto!

What was it? Was it the music, or was it the statement that made it so significant?
Maestri09
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby esto » Fri Jul 23, 2004 2:08 pm

Maestri09 wrote:That's incredible Esto!

What was it? Was it the music, or was it the statement that made it so significant?

I think it was both, but mostly music. I did not understand any english then, so I had absolutely no clue, what are they singing about. Rock music made learn more english as well. Anyway in 60´s it was almost impossible to get any rock records in Soviet Union, rock was simply forbidden. So any record was like a gift. I think I was very happy :D Peppers was the first LP Ilistened, CAUSE IT IS BEST LP IN THE WORLD!
esto
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby TheBeatles1988 » Sun Jul 25, 2004 6:12 am

Bluebird wrote:
pankrro wrote:
Biggest Paul Fan wrote:Yes exactly, I think often when people heard the name " Beatles" they thought of John. I find it very irritating, example when I played "Let it be" the most of my friends thought it was Johns.

good point...the other day my girlfriend said exactly that: In Let it Be is that Lennon? get outta here...

by the way, none of us gets this album 100%...but what i get i think it´s best of the best...unique...the sound of the songs is one of a kind, they really pulled it off here...over the top
Right.. Could Johns dead have something to do with that? He´s more respected than Paul and the new generations thought that it was Johns group?

No now! Hold on just a second here, Let It Be was Paul's song. I mean like I don't know why people are saying its John's, whenever I know and I am sure people at this forum no that aswell. Well people what do yous say??
Click here veiw my website

http://www.freewebs.com/thebeatles1988/
TheBeatles1988
Silver member
Silver member

Postby macca-fanna » Sun Jul 25, 2004 6:40 am

it IS because John was shot. many people know him now like you know that JFK was murdered. and for they always write 'ex-Beatles John Lennon' those people always think 'Beatles? wasn't that the band John Lennon was a member of?' so they only know him as a group-member.
XxXxXxXxXxXveganXxXstraightXedgeXxXxXxXxXxX
macca-fanna
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Bluebird » Sun Jul 25, 2004 6:55 am

macca-fanna wrote:it IS because John was shot. many people know him now like you know that JFK was murdered. and for they always write 'ex-Beatles John Lennon' those people always think 'Beatles? wasn't that the band John Lennon was a member of?' so they only know him as a group-member.
That´s so true!
Bluebird
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby dsnito » Sun Aug 01, 2004 3:03 pm

Bluebird wrote:
macca-fanna wrote:it IS because John was shot. many people know him now like you know that JFK was murdered. and for they always write 'ex-Beatles John Lennon' those people always think 'Beatles? wasn't that the band John Lennon was a member of?' so they only know him as a group-member.
That´s so true!

Yeah, this be called HISTORY...John Lennon as well as THE BEATLES are entries in a lot of encyclopedias...
Life Is Very Short And There's No Time For Fussing And Fighting, My Friend...
Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Bluebird » Sat Aug 07, 2004 5:51 pm

dsnito wrote:
Bluebird wrote:
That´s so true!

Yeah, this be called HISTORY...John Lennon as well as THE BEATLES are entries in a lot of encyclopedias...
But I think it is a realistic conclusion..
Bluebird
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby dsnito » Sun Aug 08, 2004 4:52 am

Bluebird wrote:
dsnito wrote:
Bluebird wrote:
That´s so true!

But I think it is a realistic conclusion..

Too much sad fact. Realistic indeed, but a fact that happened...
Life Is Very Short And There's No Time For Fussing And Fighting, My Friend...
Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

PreviousNext

Return to The Beatles: Albums