::Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band

A discussion of all the Beatle albums

Moderator: Mike

Postby Maestri09 » Thu Apr 01, 2004 5:51 am

Thank you Hey Jude, you perfectly supported the point that I was trying to make, which was that there is no way that teenagers could be fans of the beatles because the beatles music does not live up to the modern, social, and commercial standards of contemporary teen culture.

the exception to this of course, is if you have a critical ear for music ...then the beatles would be right up on the list of teenagers' fav. bands (which isn't the case).
Maestri09
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby theDingle » Thu Apr 01, 2004 9:34 am

Maestri09 wrote:...there is no way that teenagers could be fans of the beatles because the beatles music does not live up to the modern, social, and commercial standards of contemporary teen culture.

the exception to this of course, is if you have a critical ear for music ...then the beatles would be right up on the list of teenagers' fav. bands (which isn't the case).
WAD, Maest. The critical ear is the key, the thing to pursue, but of course, it can't be imposed.

However, those of us that have it can be assured that we are superior to those low-life proles laboring for Big Brother in the sweatshops of superficial music, lol.
not shmingking of gin
theDingle
Gold member :)

Postby macca-fanna » Thu Apr 01, 2004 10:11 am

Biggest Paul Fan wrote:hey jude wrote:
Some of them don't even know if John or Paul's the one who was murdered!

Okay they must have been very long away from the news :lol: :lol:

no, in my class it's the same. today we wrote an exam-paper in English, and we had to write a text about "Imagine you could invite a famous person. Who would you invite? ..." and we weren't allowed to write about persons, who are already dead. So they asked me, who I invited, and, of course :mrgreen: , I said Paul McCartney, and they told me "But I think we shouldn't invite dead persons!!!"
MPF!!!!
And today there aren't things like anniversaries of the death of John etc in the media (at least not at the time, a normal person is watching TV / listening to the radio!!!), so they can't know it....
XxXxXxXxXxXveganXxXstraightXedgeXxXxXxXxXxX
macca-fanna
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Bluebird » Fri Apr 02, 2004 12:31 pm

:shock: :shock:
You must appreciate the day...
Bluebird
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby dsnito » Fri Apr 02, 2004 4:57 pm

Well, with all the media we have currently that makes informations running quickly in the whole world I wonder that some kids don't even know Paul McCartney is alive(!)...well, it's clear that all depends on the INTEREST of the kids to know about the things...
Life Is Very Short And There's No Time For Fussing And Fighting, My Friend...
Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Cologne girl » Fri Apr 02, 2004 9:20 pm

I suppose a lot of it is due to the fact that many young people just listen to what's in the charts or what they consider danceable, so it comes as no surprise they shouldn't know Macca because he had his last hit single in Europe way back in 1993 witrh "Hope of Deliverance", when some of these were just starting to do without nappies, so to them it is almost as if he were dead.
It's the start of a journey
To a much better place
And this wasn't bad
So a much better place
Would have to be special...
Cologne girl
Supporter
Supporter

Postby kylestyle » Wed Apr 07, 2004 1:07 am

Easily a 10/10 album by The Beatles....my favourite track would be Good Morning Good Morning...but of course day in the life and lucy in the sky...every track is brilliant.
kylestyle

Postby Bluebird » Fri Apr 09, 2004 5:21 am

My 10/10 albums

With the beatles
Beatles for sale
Help
Rubber soul
Revolver
Sgt. pepper
Magical mystery tour
The white album
Abbey road

The rest is 9/10
Bluebird
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby HeyJude » Fri Apr 09, 2004 2:18 pm

Mmm, I suppose I couldn't give less than 10/10 to any Beatle album... I'd just feel guilty, and they are the best of the best anyway, there are about 5 songs by them I don't like. I think Sgt. Pepper is my 3rd fav with Abbey Road being the all-time No. 1, and the White Album the second.

About nowadays' teenagers and the Fabs, you're all totally right. They might know who Paul is, but only because they read these gossip mags, and those publish an article like "Stella still hates McCartney's new wife" every week. :evil:
However, there are the so-called 'alternative' guys & gals, who hate today's pop music as well, but they listen some dark satanic/black metal/etc.
one sweet dream came true today!!!!!
4.6.2004 Leipzig
yay Anna!!!! :mrgreen:
HeyJude
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Bluebird » Sun Apr 11, 2004 10:43 am

Yes exactly, I think often when people heard the name " Beatles" they thought of John. I find it very irritating, example when I played "Let it be" the most of my friends thought it was Johns.
Bluebird
Platinum member
Platinum member

PreviousNext

Return to The Beatles: Albums