::Beatles For Sale

A discussion of all the Beatle albums

Moderator: Mike

Postby theDingle » Mon Aug 30, 2004 9:39 pm

Ram1 wrote:Something's missing. Sounds like it was thrown together.
That it does, no doubt due to the mad pace of their own exploitation--I also think that they had the presence of mind not to make the next one the same way---but it still flares up the ol' chronic Beatlemania in me, I love the damn thing. 8)
not shmingking of gin
theDingle
Gold member :)

Postby Bluebird » Tue Aug 31, 2004 2:59 pm

Ram1 wrote:On a whole, the worst Beatles album, in my opinion....
I can see some points, but don´t you like no reply, I´m a loser, every little thing or Eight days a week? :? Those are some of my faves during that period.
You must appreciate the day...
Bluebird
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Ram1 » Tue Aug 31, 2004 7:27 pm

Bluebird wrote:
I can see some points, but don´t you like no reply, I´m a loser, every little thing or Eight days a week? :? Those are some of my faves during that period.

I never said I didn't like any song on the album. No Reply, I'm a Loser, 8 Days, those are all great, no doubt. But as a whole, the album just doesn't do it for me. I just think it's the weakest one.
October 8th, 2005....The BEST show EVER!!!!
Ram1

Postby dsnito » Sun Sep 05, 2004 1:05 am

Ram1 wrote:
Bluebird wrote:

I never said I didn't like any song on the album. No Reply, I'm a Loser, 8 Days, those are all great, no doubt. But as a whole, the album just doesn't do it for me. I just think it's the weakest one.

IMHO I think that "For Sale" is better than "With The Beatles"...they had been found their way while my impression in "WTB" is that they still were a bit insecure in their performances...
Life Is Very Short And There's No Time For Fussing And Fighting, My Friend...
Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Bluebird » Sun Sep 05, 2004 4:20 pm

dsnito wrote:
Ram1 wrote:
Bluebird wrote:

IMHO I think that "For Sale" is better than "With The Beatles"...they had been found their way while my impression in "WTB" is that they still were a bit insecure in their performances...
I think WTB is more rocky than FOR SALE, I have always had much love for "WTB"..
Bluebird
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby kylestyle » Mon Sep 06, 2004 2:31 am

Just my opinion, but I put Beatles For Sale above Yellow Submarine, With The Beatles, Please Please Me and also Help and is almost as good as A Hard Days Night...far from their worst album in my opinion. Every song is a gem to me. The thing that makes it really really special for me are the backing vocal harmonies and moulding those soaring harmonies into the middle eights. They began to write some KILLER bridge sections on this album, where the songs climb to another level - for example, the though tonight she's made me sad / I still love her section in I Don't Want To Spoil The Party - but just about all the songs on this album have similar golden moments as far as supersonic catchy harmonies go.
I needed comfort of love just to get me some piece of mind.. wo-oh
kylestyle

Postby Bluebird » Mon Sep 06, 2004 11:57 am

kylestyle wrote:Just my opinion, but I put Beatles For Sale above Yellow Submarine, With The Beatles, Please Please Me and also Help and is almost as good as A Hard Days Night..
Agree except for above With The Beatles. WAD!
Bluebird
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Ram1 » Mon Sep 06, 2004 1:15 pm

For Sale doesn't touch WTB, and especially not AHDN, IMHO. But I do agree that their harmonies were really starting to soar on this album. Especially on 8 days...."Eigggght Daaayys a weeeek, I loooOoooOoooOooove you...." Just spectacular vocals.
October 8th, 2005....The BEST show EVER!!!!
Ram1

Postby Bluebird » Mon Sep 06, 2004 4:03 pm

I´m very interrested in "No reply," "I´m a loser" and " I duon´t wanna spoil the party", 3 sad lennon-songs, very grandiose that he dares it! I love the line in "Every little thing" :arrow: " When I with her I´m happy, just to know that she loves me" Genius line and harmony. I think many of the songs on "for sale" is nice songs who is about the sad things in life, very noteworthy, I love the album ( By the way the first I got with My fave group)
Bluebird
Platinum member
Platinum member

Worst album of The Beatles?

Postby EddieV » Sat Jul 09, 2005 4:01 am

I agree that the album is maybe the weakest Beatles album, but som e good songs are on it. I´m a loser very good song. I like the old rock standards The Beatles recorded for this album.
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to The Beatles: Albums