White Album CD came..

A discussion of all the Beatle albums

Moderator: Mike

White Album CD came..

Postby Derek70 » Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:51 am

..Its GREAT! It wasnt packaged like that remastered "Bee Gees' Greatest", where CDs were so snug, you had to fight to get it out. It wasnt like that at all, they didnt exactly slip out, but it didnt leave scatches where you had to fight to get it out. The sound is alot deeper and more "in you face", i love it! The only problem was i wasnt able to access the docomentry on Disc 2. Seems my WMP just didnt recognoze it.
Last edited by Derek70 on Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Derek70

Re: White Album CD came..

Postby Mike » Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:06 pm

You probably need the proper CODEC for your WMP to play the video.
Mike Kovacich
www.macca-central.com . . . . . . . . . . . . www.maccaradio.com
The Paul McCartney FUNSITE . . . . . . . . The Voice of The Beatles
Mike
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Postby stuart7 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:59 pm

I hope I'm not offending White Album lovers, but I think you could delete Wild Honey Pie, Bungalow Bill, Piggies, Don't Pass Me By, Yer Blues, Long Long Long, Revolution 1 and Revolution 9 and have a much better album. I noticed it after listening to the remasters. No other album has this many stinkers.
stuart7

Postby markfeber@yahoo.com » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:42 pm

BUNGALOW BILL and piggies stinkers? couldnt disagree more my friend. revolution no 1???? i am stunned by your comment!!!
markfeber@yahoo.com
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby lobbybobby » Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:58 am

I wish people would leave the White Album alone. Quit trying to change it. It's great as is. I don't particularly care for revolution #9 much, yet it belongs right where it is on another Beatles masterpiece.
a good friend of mine...follows the stars...
lobbybobby
Supporter
Supporter

Postby EddieV » Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:23 am

stuart7 wrote:I hope I'm not offending White Album lovers, but I think you could delete Wild Honey Pie, Bungalow Bill, Piggies, Don't Pass Me By, Yer Blues, Long Long Long, Revolution 1 and Revolution 9 and have a much better album. I noticed it after listening to the remasters. No other album has this many stinkers.

They belong there!!
Now junior behave yourself
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter

Postby eggman1979 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:29 am

stuart7 wrote:I hope I'm not offending White Album lovers, but I think you could delete Wild Honey Pie, Bungalow Bill, Piggies, Don't Pass Me By, Yer Blues, Long Long Long, Revolution 1 and Revolution 9 and have a much better album. I noticed it after listening to the remasters. No other album has this many stinkers.

Ha ha ha Nice one! :lol: Cause this is a joke, right? The White album is a masterpiece and it's perfect just the way it is.
We can make it to Mexico City...AGAIN!!!!!
eggman1979
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby jgkojak » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:46 am

Sometimes the whole is greater than the sum of its parts-- the sprawling nature means that marginal songs (like Bungalow Bill) that wouldn't hold up on a single album, have room to breathe- not your cuppa, you have plenty else to choose from.

I always thought Paul made a mistake by not making Red Rose Speedway a double (as intended) and by not making McCartney II a double--

On a double, things like One More Kiss would feel fine, something like Loup could be appreciated (what songs were left off-- he had these on the shelf:
Best Friend
A Love For You
I Would Only Smile (Denny's feature)
Jazz Street
Mama's Little Girl
Gotta Sing, Gotta Dance
Tragedy (cover)
The Mess

Not bad!)
Everyone's talkin' 'bout the President
We all chip in for a bag of cement
jgkojak
Supporter
Supporter

Postby derekjdavis » Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:47 pm

Well I kind of feel both ways. I think Piggies and Don't Pass Me By, and Revolution 1 should be there, but yeah the rest could've gone and made a really great entirely listenable album. But then again I also think it's perfect the way it is.
Getting Better All The Time
derekjdavis

Postby RickStark79 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:07 pm

I love Piggies, Bungalow Bill and Long, Long, Long -- they're fantastic. But I am surprised that Not Guilty got shelved for either of those two George songs.
No one understaaaaands...
RickStark79
Supporter
Supporter

Next

Return to The Beatles: Albums