Questions regarding the digitally re-mastered Beatles catalo

A discussion of all the Beatle albums

Moderator: Mike

Questions regarding the digitally re-mastered Beatles catalo

Postby I am the Paulrus » Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:40 am

Questions regarding the digitally re-mastered Beatles catalogue

As we are within 2 wks away from the release the digitally re-mastered Beatles catalogue, what I would like to know is whatever happened to the The Capitol Albums Vol. 3 that would have covered Revolver, SPLHCB, MMT, The White Album, Let It Be, and Abbey Road? I know it'll be in this set.

With the release of digitally re-mastered Beatles catalogue, we are getting a re-release of The Capitol Albums Vol. 1 & 2, and Let It Be...Naked, again. Btw, in this set will be the original LIB or LIB...Naked? Will we also see digital re-masters of the unique stuff from Past Masters 1 & 2 and Live at the Hollywood Bowl?

Does anyone know if there are buttons promoting The Beatles: Rock Band video game or the digital remastered catalogue?
ImageImage
I am the Paulrus
Silver member
Silver member

Re: Questions regarding the digitally re-mastered Beatles catalo

Postby james1985 » Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:30 am

Past Masters 1&2 are re-mastered and are in the box.

This is my guess on the rest:

LIBN - no need for a re-release. The project was a bit of a misstep, and it sounds great anyway. And original LIB will be in the box, of course, "I dig a pygmy" and all....

Cap Albums III - This project was done really badly, no promotion, lack of support from Apple, it never felt like a real Beatles event to me. And I don't think for III (if it ever sees the light of day) that they'd put Pepper, etc in. Wouldn't it be Yesterday&Today, Hey Jude (and I can't off the top of my head think of any others - Oldies But Goldies??).... But I think generally they're pretty shoddy products.

I'd imagine Hollywood Bowl will be a project somewhere down the line, which would be nice I suppose. I've hear it once or twice on LP and it's okay. And I wouldn't put it past them to drag up "Love Songs" and "Rock n Roll Music" at some point. Now Aspinall's gone, it seems a bit of a free-for-all.

But these are only my guesses, Paulrus!
May sweet memories of friends from the past
Always comes to you, when you look for them
james1985
Supporter
Supporter

Postby little lamb dragonfly » Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:32 am

Revolver is the only different American album not included in the capitol set, hardly requiring reissue of the final few albums as a set.

The remasters sound way better (according to all accounts) than the Capitol albums anyway, and the UK Revolver is way better and longer.

The original Let It Be is being released, not the naked version.

Past Masters is being included in the rerelease, though with some small changes in the songs included, as the mono versions have been relegated to the Mono box set only.

Live at the Hollywood Bowl remains unreleased on CD, which is a real shame. If you don't have it, seek it out on bootleg. It's fantastic.
little lamb dragonfly
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby jgkojak » Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:55 pm

The non-Yesterday and Today songs on Revolver have the same stereo mixes in UK and US - so no point in including Revolver in a package.

As far as the Remasters-- the original '60s mixes of Rubber Soul and Help! will be included in mono box set-

GMs 1986 remixes are included on standard stereo CDs.
Everyone's talkin' 'bout the President
We all chip in for a bag of cement
jgkojak
Supporter
Supporter

Return to The Beatles: Albums