McGear ???

Discussions of Beatle-related news & artists such as Badfinger, James Taylor, Mary Hopkins.

Moderator: Mike

McGear ???

Postby ANGRY » Tue Nov 15, 2005 3:40 am

...has the '74 "McGear" album been covered anywhere ? been looking around, but, haven't found anything...y'know: paul, linda, denny, & Jimmy McCullough ( with others ) backing pauls brother..?
ANGRY
Silver member
Silver member

Postby RickStark79 » Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:36 am

I haven't seen a topic on here either. I always liked this album! When I was 4 years old, as I was getting into the Beatles, my dad used to always play Simply Love You and Rainbow Lady for me. To this day, they hold a special place in my heart.
RickStark79
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Mike » Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:05 am

My top fav's on the album are Leave It, love that acoustic in it, and The Man Who Found God on the Moon.

Lots of good songs on this album and if this is any sign of how good the MACCA brother's can write, please give us another album !
Mike Kovacich
www.macca-central.com . . . . . . . . . . . . www.maccaradio.com
The Paul McCartney FUNSITE . . . . . . . . The Voice of The Beatles
Mike
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Postby ANGRY » Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:25 pm

guess it's time to surf the web...my brother claimed mike mac was in a group called Scaffold...(?) he always said they were pretty funny. didn't know if that meant it was a Rutles/Spinal Tap type thing or what ( maybe songs more along the line of "Norton" off this lp )...i always liked this album as well...though, the addition i have has a song added "Dance the Do"...which officially qualifies it as my least favorite macca related song...ever...my highlights would include Have You Got Problems, What Do We Really Know and The Man Who Found God On the Moon as well...all in all a pretty neat record.
ANGRY
Silver member
Silver member

Postby dsnito » Thu Nov 17, 2005 6:01 am

Michael McCartney aka Mike McGear might have been a good songwriter and musician but it ain't easy to be a McCartney under the Paul's shadow. Changing his famous surname didn't put him into the "gear".
I think it's almost the same as Pelé's brother Zoca, he tried to be a pro football(soccer)player but having a brother like his, he carried a heavy weight to keep on his own career. Seemed that he was even a good player but the comparison was inevitable.
Life Is Very Short And There's No Time For Fussing And Fighting, My Friend...
Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby JimmyMcCullochFan » Sun Jan 08, 2006 11:06 pm

I loved the songs that were on Macca radio from McGear but they don't seem to be up there anymore?
"Wings IV introduced Jimmy McCulloch, a spunky lead guitarist with grit, able to spur Paul on unlike any previous soloist. His debut track, the magnificent single `Junior's Farm', stands as one of Wings' finest emotional and technical releases."
JimmyMcCullochFan
Bronze member
Bronze member

Return to The Beatles: Related Discussions