McCartney Against Milk ?

Discussions regarding charities and issues support by Paul.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Highamster » Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:06 pm

2 of 3 wrote:Probably not. Of course if you can find some organic milk, you MAY, be able to avoid all the antibiotics and steroids and hormones and other chemicals they cram down the poor animals throats in order for them to produce more milk per cow.

That's why I get my milk delivered from the farm down the road. Keeps it nice and drug free. Unless I decide I want to mix some drugs with it, which I doubt I'll decide to do.
Highamster
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby amazedbypaul » Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:57 pm

It seems to me that Heather is putting too much on her plate these days.Eventually people just aren't going to take her seriously and she will become good writing material for Saturday Night Live. She has done some wonderful things no doubt with the Land Mine thing and animal rights
and all. I just hope she doesn't get too carried away.
amazedbypaul
Supporter
Supporter

Postby james1985 » Mon Mar 27, 2006 6:15 pm

This is all getting very, very stupid. This is one charity too far for Mrs M-M.

I don't want to suggest that she's using the McCartney name for sway in these charities and campaigns, but.....

I would hate to think that Paul gets dragged into this.
May sweet memories of friends from the past
Always comes to you, when you look for them
james1985
Supporter
Supporter

Postby chris » Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:40 pm

I think I'm going to marry someone famous, lets say Mariah Carey. Then, when my name is in the spotlight, I'm going to boycott something really evil...paperclips. I know, I know. The way they just lay there, all twisted and mocking. Obvioulsly, and always up to something. I will not STAND for the paperclip to continue this way. Who's with me...anyone? (as chris listens carefully for approval, hearing only the sound of crickets rubbing their legs together). Damn it, I hate crickets

(did I even spell Ms. Carey's name correctly?)
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby 2 of 3 » Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:30 pm

Wasn't it a couple of years ago, the McCartneys were all over this? I seem to remember something about them saying milk gives you spots(zits to the rest of the world) :wink:
2 of 3
Supporter
Supporter

Postby ANGRY » Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:28 am

i'm behind you there, chris...! why, just the other day, i was walking about, and i stepped on a paper clip...and it ALMOST went THROUGH my shoe !!!

i could've been paralyzed !!!!!!

and...when you REALLY need one...you can't find one !!!

yeesh!!

that, or they don't work, they break ! ruddy bastids !!!! i wonder if meatloaf'll get on the bandwagon..we need a hefty voice on this...i bet he hates paperclips, too !
ANGRY
Silver member
Silver member

Postby 2 of 3 » Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:23 am

That's funny :lol: Meatloaf a member of PETA. :wink:
2 of 3
Supporter
Supporter

Postby admiral_halsey » Sun Apr 02, 2006 2:21 pm

She can support whatever causes she likes, she's her own person. And anyway, there are some pretty good arguments against milk, especially if you're a vegetarian. Mainly that dairy cows are sold to the meat industry when they're too weak to produce milk (so therefore dairy supports the slaughter of animals). I myself am not a vegan, but I'm strongly considering it.

Ram on!
admiral_halsey

Postby james1985 » Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:34 pm

i'm sorry, but there are no "perfectly good" arguments against milk. this is just more crazy campaigning.
May sweet memories of friends from the past
Always comes to you, when you look for them
james1985
Supporter
Supporter

Postby femaleanimal » Sun Apr 02, 2006 7:20 pm

People`s ignorance about milk really astounds me. It is food meant for baby cows, not humans of any age. It is certainly unhealthy (and it has been suggested that Linda`s excessive consumption of dairy may have caused her cancer). It is also extraordinarily cruel, turning cows into milk machines, and producing many unwanted calves. As for what Paul`s children think of it - James has been a vegan for many years, and Paul said he was constantly trying to convert the rest of the family.
femaleanimal

PreviousNext

Return to MACCA-Charities & Issues