Friends of the earth

Discussions regarding charities and issues support by Paul.

Moderator: Mike

Friends of the earth

Postby Bluebird » Fri Apr 23, 2004 3:18 pm

I love his messages when he are on tour. The get back video in 1989 was problably war I think, Vietnam, and in 2002 it was Mine field.
I especially loves his 1993 tour because of his messages to saves the planet, and maked it clean. I think it´s a important subjekt and it maked also a big impression on me the intro to the show in 1993. Many animals was tortured and I think we can learn a lot about that. :|
You must appreciate the day...
Bluebird
Platinum member
Platinum member

Re: Friends of the earth

Postby Paperback Writer » Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:51 am

As stated above, Paul's contributions to the Earth stretch way back. I'm sure he is pleased today with progress in awareness of this issue and joins in congradulating Al Gore on The Nobel Peace Prize. :mrgreen:
"Step on the gas and wipe that tear away,
One sweet dream came true today!"
Paperback Writer
Silver member
Silver member

Postby mi » Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:20 pm

Bluebird wrote:I love his messages when he are on tour. The get back video in 1989 was problably war I think, Vietnam, |

Actually I didn't appreciate that one - there was some referance to the Israeli-Palestinian situation and I remember this one horrible footage of Israeli soldiers beating an arab and I think that was totally unfair - I don't need Paul to tell me that our army's behavior towards innocent palestinian citizens is sometimes sickenning - I know that far better than him, trust me! But that was showing only one side of the conflict. Why did he choose to show that and not injured children lying in the street in a terror attack in the center of Tel-Aviv? He had no idea who this arab was - he might have been carrying a bomb under his clothes a minute before! Just as well, he might have been an innocent citizen, and the bored soldiers decided to have some fun with him - trust me, I could tell you things that would make your hair stand. The point is - he didn't know, so he didn't have a right to make a statement! Messages against war in general are wonderful, but taking sides on a specific issue is a completely different thing!
mi
Silver member
Silver member

Postby mommasturn » Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:42 pm

War is indeed awful. Lets all make love not war.
mommasturn

Return to MACCA-Charities & Issues