Sun claims Paul reversing Beatle song credits

This forum is to alert fans when Paul pops up on TV, radio, magazines, newspapers, websites.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Steve-o » Wed Nov 13, 2002 9:12 am

Yes, Auj..the "sun" is a tab rag.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Liam OSM » Wed Nov 13, 2002 9:15 am

The Sun is indeed a tabloid. Famous for its topless page 3 girls. I wouldn't even wipe my London with it.
Liam OSM
Gold member :)

Postby Mike » Wed Nov 13, 2002 10:01 am

Notice I haven't posted it in MACCA-News. It was printed in the Sun and another website reported on the Sun article in it's news section. As far as I'm concerned it's a rumour just like they printed Heather was pregnant, was the reason they were getting married. TRASH!

Until it's confirmed by the record company by or when we all see it in a couple weeks, I don't believe it. Perhaps he has done this for "Yesterday", and then they exagerated as usual.
Mike

Postby Aujouret » Wed Nov 13, 2002 5:20 pm

I see that most of us here feel pretty much the same way about all this.
Would you like to give your opinion too, Mike?
I mean, if this is true.
I read elsewhere that the CDs are already released in Japan and apparently it is true: McCartney/ Lennon.
I'd like to hear your view if you want to state it.
Also other fans too.
Aujouret
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Steve-o » Wed Nov 13, 2002 5:29 pm

Doesn't bother me one bit. More power to him. It's a very minor thing to me.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby maccastheman » Wed Nov 13, 2002 5:35 pm

I think a lot of it has to do with the way critics have looked at the Beatles. Just read "A Day in the Life" by Mark Hertsgaard. It is so biased toward John. After John's tragic death, there has been an attempt by critics and hard-core John fans alike to make people think Lennon WAS the Beatles, and that the other 3 didn't really matter. We all know that is ridiculous, but imagine what it feels like for Paul? (Pardon the pun) I don't blame Paul for wanting the credit he deserves. I think people refuse to think Paul is talented because:
1. He's well-adjusted
2. He's good looking
3. He's very popular

I think there is a lot of jealously involved among critics and other artists alike, and I think they are being very vicious by trying to dis-credit Paul. I hope I wasn't too vague on where I stand on this issue. [8D][;)][:D]
maccastheman
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Aujouret » Wed Nov 13, 2002 9:59 pm

yes. good post, maccas.
Aujouret
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Chris Speers » Wed Nov 13, 2002 10:01 pm

Paul's really lame for doing this. It just goes to show you how superficial he is at times when it comes to the legacy. And how crass he can be. Switching the song titles is a chessy and really weak thing to do - it's so stupid for him to do that and it's a slap in the face to John. Instead of focusing on creating good new music or finding ways to better cement his legacy, he takes a really lame view of switching song titles as if it would make us realize that he wrote most of the songs. Total class-less move on his part and this will irritate critics even more. As usual, Paul loses sight on the big-picture. I love the guy but he can be really, really superficial sometimes.
Chris Speers
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Aujouret » Wed Nov 13, 2002 10:25 pm

quote:Originally posted by Chris Speers
Paul's really lame for doing this. It just goes to show you how superficial he is at times when it comes to the legacy. And how crass he can be. Switching the song titles is a chessy and really weak thing to do - it's so stupid for him to do that and it's a slap in the face to John. Instead of focusing on creating good new music or finding ways to better cement his legacy, he takes a really lame view of switching song titles as if it would make us realize that he wrote most of the songs. Total class-less move on his part and this will irritate critics even more. As usual, Paul loses sight on the big-picture. I love the guy but he can be really, really superficial sometimes.

Ah, Chris...
If Paul gets any more of this "love", he'll sufficate.
Aujouret
Silver member
Silver member

Postby megs » Wed Nov 13, 2002 10:26 pm

sorry criss i have to disagree with u on that one[:I]
megs
Supporter
Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to MACCA In-The-Media