MAF ENTERS UK CHART AT NUMBER FIVE

This forum is to alert fans when Paul pops up on TV, radio, magazines, newspapers, websites.

Moderator: Mike

MAF ENTERS UK CHART AT NUMBER FIVE

Postby michaelk » Sun Jun 10, 2007 2:08 pm

I'm not up on the statistics of his album entries. How does this compare to previous entries?
michaelk
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Paulo » Sun Jun 10, 2007 2:43 pm

I'm not sure, but I think Chaos peaked at no. 8. Flaming Pie was no. 1, I believe. As for Driving Rain, I don't think he made the top ten.

Is this week's chart already published?
Paulo
Supporter
Supporter

Postby michaelk » Sun Jun 10, 2007 2:53 pm

Rihanna came in at No.1, Biffy Clyro at 2, Twang at 3 and Paul at 5

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/chart/albums.shtml
michaelk
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby lazydynamite » Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:08 pm

good news that...as for drving rain it came in at 43 i think!!and that was its peak![totall flop]
britain is not paul mccartney crazy ,his solo stuff hasnt come close to selling what he has done in the states .
lazydynamite

Re: MAF ENTERS UK CHART AT NUMBER FIVE

Postby Harrythebannister » Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:10 pm

michaelk wrote:I'm not up on the statistics of his album entries. How does this compare to previous entries?

Pretty good actually - Chaos reached number 10 / Driving Rain only reached 46 believe it or not and Run Devil Run reached number 12.
Harrythebannister
Supporter
Supporter

Postby michaelk » Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:42 pm

Have to say that I didn't even NOTICE that 'Driving Rain' had come out back in '01. Which was a first for me. I was still getting over the fact that a younger flatmate had thought that Beatles '1' was their debut album. Can you imagine what a headf*ck that was?!! Great one though. He REALLY DID think that. I was torn between thinking he was the ultimate idiot and wishing I could see the world through his eyes...
michaelk
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby 2 of 3 » Sun Jun 10, 2007 4:05 pm

I was torn between thinking he was the ultimate idiot and wishing I could see the world through his eyes...

Yeah, no kidding. It would be a real treat "discovering" The Beatles for the first time. The back catalogue would make your head spin. 8)
The World is a tangled up necklace of Pearls
2 of 3
Supporter
Supporter

Postby michaelk » Sun Jun 10, 2007 4:40 pm

That was how the converastion started. I came home one night and he was drunk and had just bought it and was just saying 'The Beatles are just amazing' and I was going 'Yeah they are aren't they?' but all the while he was in a world where this was their debut album and I was in the 'regular' world where it's quite clear that it's a compilation. Long after this, I asked 'Well didn't you read the sleeve?' But he thought the whole thing was an ironic mock-up.

Even more enjoyable was the time when another friend who was more into The Smiths than anything else, picked up Mark Shipper's 'Paperback Writer' and proceeded NOT to realise it was a spoof. He was reading it intently in the corner while the rest of us (in a band at the time) worked on home studio stuff. On day four he said 'I can't believe they called their first album 'We're Gonna Change The Face of Pop Music Forever'

The rest of us looked at each other and tried to sense his situation but he was in a parallel universe of exquisite ignorance.

He was, of course, gutted by the reality we revealed and as far as I know has developed no further interest in The Beatles.
michaelk
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby BruceMirken » Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:53 pm

To answer an earlier question, yes, the British charts come out on Sunday. In the U.S., Billboard generally posts its new charts on Wednesday, I believe. The obsessive-compulsive among us can follow sales figures on the Hits Daily Double site, which posts a weekly album sales chart that starts building on Monday as the first sales reports trickle in, and is regularly updated till it's complete sometime Tuesday afternoon. If you go to it now (Sunday), you'll see that last week's chart is still up. It will be replaced by the new one that's starting to build on Monday:

http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/sales/salescht.cgi
"I am an anti-imperialist. I am opposed to having the eagle put its talons on any other land." -- Mark Twain
BruceMirken
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby JennyWren » Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:41 pm

#5 in UK is pretty nice, and that's without the Starbucks sales, right? So maybe it would have been a bit higher if that snafu hadn't happened.

JennyWren
Last edited by JennyWren on Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
JennyWren
Supporter
Supporter

Next

Return to MACCA In-The-Media