$56M PAUL-IMONY

This forum is to alert fans when Paul pops up on TV, radio, magazines, newspapers, websites.

Moderator: Mike

$56M PAUL-IMONY

Postby I am the Paulrus » Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:57 am

$56M PAUL-IMONY
MILLS DROPS CUSTODY BID FOR HUGE PAYOUT & 'MC'MANSION

By ANDY GELLER

http://www.nypost.com/seven/03122007/ne ... geller.htm

March 12, 2007 -- Heather Mills has agreed to end her bitter divorce battle with Paul McCartney and accept a $56 million settlement, it was reported yesterday.

In the deal, Mills will drop her demand for sole custody of the couple's daughter, Beatrice, and get one of the ex-Beatle's homes, probably a Georgian mansion worth $8 million, London's The News of the World said.

The deal saves billionaire Sir Paul at least $6 million.

In January, the aging rock star proposed a $62 million settlement that would have given Mills - who will be a contestant on ABC's "Dancing with the Stars" next week - two of his homes.

Mills, 39, and McCartney, 64, wed in June 2002.

The settlement comes after two weeks of screaming matches between the unhappy pair.

During one angry phone call, a furious McCartney yelled at Mills, "I just can't wait until I never have to see your face again!"

She shot back, "You'll never get rid of me!"

Another shouting match involved Mills' appearance on the ABC prime-time show.

McCartney called the move "tacky," predicting Mills would be a "reality-TV freak like Anna Nicole Smith."

Mills, who lost her leg in a 1993 motorcycle accident, will be the first "Dancing" contestant with an artificial limb.

Under the settlement, Mills will drop her demand for $6.6 million a year, $20,000 a day, just "to get by," The News of the World reported.

Instead, she will get $48 million in cash and one of McCartney's homes, probably his Georgian mansion in London's tony St. John's Wood neighborhood.

She has also agreed to drop her demand for sole custody of 3-year-old Beatrice.

"Heather's completely changed her stance. Only recently, Paul's team were worried she might have upped the stakes by threatening to leave England, taking Beatrice with her," a source close to Paul said.

"It didn't happen, but it would have driven Paul to the brink. He doesn't care where Heather ends up, but he is devoted to caring for Beatrice and couldn't bear the thought of not being able to see her," the source said.

"All he ever wanted was for this to be settled so he can get on with his life."

A close friend of Heather's insisted the settlement wouldn't buy her silence about claims Paul had physically abused her.

"I will not sign a gagging clause, because I want people to know the truth," Heather has repeatedly told her pal.

The claims include allegations that McCartney poured wine over her, stabbed her arm with a broken glass, shoved her violently into a bath when she was pregnant and pushed her over a coffee table.

The friend said Paul "won't let it go to court, that's for sure. Heather has independent witnesses to support her claims, medical evidence and tapes in which he states his intentions very clearly. Why would Paul want that discussed in court and have to live with that stigma for the rest of his life?"

In the settlement, Heather also won the right to take Beatrice to Los Angeles next week as she competes in "Dancing."

"Heather has no plans to move to America, because she, her friends and family are in England," her friend said. "And there'll be no custody battle, as she and Paul both want Bea to be happy. Heather wants to do this show because it will take her mind off the divorce battle."
ImageImage
I am the Paulrus
Silver member
Silver member

Postby EddieV » Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:55 pm

F......hope it is over soon!!!
Now junior behave yourself
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter

Postby chris » Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:28 pm

i know its easy for me to say because its not my money...but just pay her the cash. lets call it "got to get you outta my life" money, and be done with it. this way we can start talking about important stuff, like music...new music. yeah...
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby sweetloretta29 » Fri Mar 16, 2007 3:24 pm

OK, let me try this again... Posted before, but it didn't show up... So please forgive me if I'm repeating myself, and please be gentle 'cause I'm new here :wink:

I, for one, certainly hope all this unpleasantness about the divorce dies down in the media soon. That said, I'd like to share my theory that everything, including this messy debacle, happens for a reason...

For instance, so many people have said over the years how cool it would be if the Beatles had stayed together, or if they had toured past '66. My feeling about that is, everything played out exactly as it was meant to; almost like being written in the stars. After all, look at the seemingly bottomless well of music this band has left for us, and our children, and our children's children...

Back to Paul and Heather... It's been my observation that, when a man loses his life partner who he has been with for many years and also loved very much, he becomes totally desolate. One of two things usually happens: Either he marries again quickly to try to fill this enormous void, or he fades away himself (like Johnny & June... Didn't you just know when June Carter passed, that Johnny Cash would soon follow?) I remember seeing a pic of Paul and James shortly after Linda's passing ~ they were sitting outside of Notre Dame, looking at a map or something, and Paul looked so frail and broken. That image stuck with me, and that's why I wasn't at all surprised to hear that he was planning to marry again so soon. So I feel that, as huge a mistake as that marriage may have been, somehow maybe it needed to come to pass...

As as for Heather's ugly allegations against Paul... well... Everyone knows Linda was one strong mama, and definitely would not have put up with being a punching bag. So these pieces just do not fit. Men do not suddenly become abusive.

So I hope we have heard the last of all of this, and Paul can get back to his music, as well as his kids & grandkids.

** climbing down off soapbox now ** :lol:
... there will be no sorrow ...
~ Cheers ~ Laura Z
sweetloretta29

Postby chris » Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:47 pm

i get the feeling that we are very close to this whole thing being over. truth is...i hate speculating about any of this crap. get the divorce settled, pay her whatever you have to pay her, and be done with it. then, at last, we can celebrate the music again.
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Return to MACCA In-The-Media