Macca loves rummaging through junk in search of trinkets!

This forum is to alert fans when Paul pops up on TV, radio, magazines, newspapers, websites.

Moderator: Mike

Postby I am the Paulrus » Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:42 am

Thursday, December 28, 2006

http://www.newkerala.com/news4.php?acti ... s&id=71540

LONDON- Sir Paul McCartney who has amassed millions during his career spanning decades, has his own idiosyncrasies, for the former Beatles legend likes nothing better than rummaging through heaps of rubbish for battered, historical trinkets.

"I'm the kind of guy who doesn't like to see things in skips. I go past a skip and I'll say, 'I could use that. That's a cupboard, that's a nice bit of wood,' he was quoted by the Sun, as saying.

"I'll see a rubbish heap and see an odd bit of a bicycle or something and think, 'Picasso's Bull's Head. I'll think, 'Interesting shape that,' because he used the bike seat, didn't he. Only last night I saw some stuff in a skip and had to be pulled away," he added.

Macca recalled he once experienced his curious urge to hoard rubbish during a trip to New York's Long Island as he motored past a rusty wheel.

"It was right in the middle of the road and everyone was driving around it so I thought, 'I'll 'ave that.' I'm a bit of a beachcomber. I won't be looking for things but things will jump out at me," he said.

On one occasion, the former Beatle even discovered a sailboat. But on the downside, he also unearthed a used pillowcase.

"I found a white pillow case with a zip. It had paint stains on it from a house painter. I also found a nice yellow beaker. I found a real sponge in the Caribbean too. I stepped on it to see if it was still spongy and it was. So I rinsed it out and it went in the pillow case and I use that for washing the sailboat," McCartney added.
ImageImage
I am the Paulrus
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Rene » Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:00 pm

Man I love him!
"If someone thinks that love and peace is a cliche that must have been left behind in the Sixties, that's his problem. Love and peace are eternal." John Lennon

http://www.myspace.com/amazedrene
Rene
Supporter
Supporter

Return to MACCA In-The-Media