Grammy Nomination for Paul

This forum is to alert fans when Paul pops up on TV, radio, magazines, newspapers, websites.

Moderator: Mike

Postby I am the Paulrus » Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:03 pm

Paul McCartney is nominated for Best Male Pop Vocal (Jenny Wren).
ImageImage
I am the Paulrus
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Paperback Writer » Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:33 pm

I love Paul, but this gerryrigging of the musical calendar to include another Grammy 'nomo' is a bit much.
I fear for him to sing this live over world broadcast television, ANY song, great, but this is the only ONE that is difficult for him, based on previous tour performances.
"Step on the gas and wipe that tear away,
One sweet dream came true today!"
Paperback Writer
Silver member
Silver member

Postby RickStark79 » Thu Dec 07, 2006 6:12 pm

Good for Paul! I definitely think Jenny Wren deserved a nomination! In fact, I predicted this, just a year too late...From December 6, 2005

RickStark79 wrote:I fully expect Choas & Creation to get a grammy nomination or two. And I think Jenny Wren has a decent shot to get a nomination as well. If this happens, there will be a big boost in sales. Especially if he wins one.
No one understaaaaands...
RickStark79
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Paul_Fan » Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:31 pm

Sorry to burst your bubble guys but even though he got a nomination I still think he will not win it. I have faith but that faith has been slightly damaged after not winning anything last year. LOL
These are the days of miracle and wonder....
Paul_Fan
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Cologne girl » Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:29 pm

Paperback Writer wrote:ANY song, great, but this is the only ONE that is difficult for him, based on previous tour performances.

I totally agree here. It even seems to me he gets a little nervous every time he does it. They should have nominated him for "Helter Skelter" or "I've Got a Feeling" (although he didn't do this one in the US, did he?) instead. It's so weird - "Jenny Wren" was of the few songs where I actually thought he finally had to pay some tribute to his age :?:
It's the start of a journey
To a much better place
And this wasn't bad
So a much better place
Would have to be special...
Cologne girl
Supporter
Supporter

Postby 2 of 3 » Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:51 pm

The Grammy people/voters are silly. The Grammy's are silly. I hope Paul wins though. :wink:
The World is a tangled up necklace of Pearls
2 of 3
Supporter
Supporter

Postby RickStark79 » Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:13 am

Cologne girl wrote:
Paperback Writer wrote:ANY song, great, but this is the only ONE that is difficult for him, based on previous tour performances.

I totally agree here. It even seems to me he gets a little nervous every time he does it. They should have nominated him for "Helter Skelter" or "I've Got a Feeling" (although he didn't do this one in the US, did he?) instead. It's so weird - "Jenny Wren" was of the few songs where I actually thought he finally had to pay some tribute to his age :?:

He was nominated for Jenny Wren cuz it was released as a single. Artists can also sometimes be nominated for an album track if it's submitted for consideration. But artists definitely cannot be nominated for a song that they simply did in concert.
No one understaaaaands...
RickStark79
Supporter
Supporter

Postby ANGRY » Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:36 am

good for him...good for the album...probably no chance of winning...lets hope, if he performs, that he's been keeping his up with his vocal calisthenics...
ANGRY
Silver member
Silver member

Return to MACCA In-The-Media