GOSSIP - ABOUT PAUL'S EVENTUAL "X"

This forum is to alert fans when Paul pops up on TV, radio, magazines, newspapers, websites.

Moderator: Mike

GOSSIP - ABOUT PAUL'S EVENTUAL "X"

Postby Paperback Writer » Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:12 pm

Since this topic is hot on peoples' minds, and it's starting to clutter up other threads, not directly related to this matter, here's a thread to directly "say" what you would like to say to the "X", her "camp" and lawyers.

I'll start:

"You need help, soon, and I don't mean legal help!" :roll:
"Step on the gas and wipe that tear away,
One sweet dream came true today!"
Paperback Writer
Silver member
Silver member

Postby 2 of 3 » Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:15 pm

Oh my.......I think Mike will be wearing out the delete button pretty soon on this thread. :?
The World is a tangled up necklace of Pearls
2 of 3
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Steve-o » Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:31 pm

Threads like these make the site look like some of those "rumour only" sites. I'd rather keep it above board and let Paul handle his own legal issues. It's his business, not ours. He's a big boy--he can handle himself.
How Come No One Older Than Me Ever Seems To Understand The Things I Wanna To Do?
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby chris » Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:08 pm

there has been a lot of crazy ideas here, with some insane accusations...but there is one thing i have to comment on that i just can't let pass. people are getting livid over things many may not really know about. but the truth has come out! steve-o, the office really is as funny as anything on tv :shock:
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Steve-o » Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:12 pm

chris wrote: steve-o, the office really is as funny as anything on tv :shock:
YES it is :lol: .....I'd rather talk about that than tabloid journalism 101.
How Come No One Older Than Me Ever Seems To Understand The Things I Wanna To Do?
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby akweaver » Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:51 pm

:D
Last edited by akweaver on Fri Oct 20, 2006 5:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Toons begin dancing and singing.
akweaver
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Paperback Writer » Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:16 pm

People are going to get emotional about Paul and his well-being, most people here identify very strongly with his music, musical heritage and a lot of his values and deeds.

Perhaps it is time to take a deep breath, now that the shock waves have worn off, but when the media gives 1,000 times more attentiion to this as it does to Paul's music in the 90's and this century - it begins to wear on you. (at least me :wink: ).

What makes Paul's music so special is how he is able to personally "touch" us with his music, it's an emotional bond between he and us. Hence, simple logic is not going to work here.
Trashing a trasher does get old quick, but it's been just 24 hours. I suspect the balance of the website's spirit will return. (and that's fine) - but nature has to exhale and digest this.

Paul and the Beatles are on record that their music represents love, people take that personally.

Saying he will fight them in court is NOT an admission that the charges are - therefore legit - it is a statement that he prefers to make his points where they keep score in the legal field - court. The "X" is choosing the court of public opinion, so she is responsible for recieving feed-back, urrr "blowback."

With Paul's music scheduling bringing him out in public in support of his works(and the Beatles), we care about the atmosphere, emphasis and perspective of those public appearances. It is because we DETEST the tabloid mentality and want the focus on the music and the man - is why many of us are so distraught.

To ignore the blaring around us, would be, in my mind, tantamount to accepting the charges as true by judge and jury. "Not so fast there, " many seem to be pleading.

Now I'll go listen to John's "Nobody Told Me." 8)
Paperback Writer
Silver member
Silver member

Postby maccastheman » Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:58 pm

Paperback Writer wrote: most people here identify very strongly with ... his values and deeds.

Paperback Writer wrote:To ignore the blaring around us, would be, in my mind, tantamount to accepting the charges as true by judge and jury. "Not so fast there, " many seem to be pleading.

Exactly. That's why I've said what I wish to say and I don't want to drag this out much longer. I've tried to do it in a tasteful way but dragging it out much longer would defeat the purpose.

So have you heard any good music lately? :wink:
And in the end...
maccastheman
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Paperback Writer » Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:33 pm

Right- o - MTM; that's why I clearly mark threads so people on this site can AVOID the topic, sort of a buyer beware moment, it IS very troubling when the sh*t clutters up a totally different topic, like music.

Yes, always good music, check my tip on Group of the Moment!
Paperback Writer
Silver member
Silver member

Postby maccastheman » Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:38 pm

Paperback Writer wrote:Right- o - MTM; that's why I clearly mark threads so people on this site can AVOID the topic, sort of a buyer beware moment, it IS very troubling when the sh*t clutters up a totally different topic, like music.

Yes, always good music, check my tip on Group of the Moment!

Agreed 100% I was just sort of making a joke at the end. You always start great topics with great clarity and purpose. So I will move on to the next thread... :wink:
And in the end...
maccastheman
Supporter
Supporter

Next

Return to MACCA In-The-Media