Grammy Tribute to Beatles on Feb 8

This forum is to alert fans when Paul pops up on TV, radio, magazines, newspapers, websites.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Steve-o » Mon Feb 09, 2004 7:48 pm

Correct on all fronts, there Ramster. These guys are CLUELSS. Yesterday was a year later, WAD. Goes to show how much some of these dudes know. And some of these DJ/local news types are just rude. One of our Morning Zoo morons interviewed Macca in Nov 2001, live on the air. It was clear they knew nothing about his newer stuff, and even had the stones to get their PARENTS on the line to say Hi to one of the Beatles since "MY parents were big fans of the Beatles", insinuating that they were too young (early 30's) to be fans. GRRRRRR. They then topped it off by asking if he was "working on anything new?" (duh---he had just released DR) and if "he was planning on taking the Beatles hits show on the road". Macca was the perfect gentleman, but I wouldn't have blamed him for freaking hanging up on them.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Harry » Wed Feb 11, 2004 4:02 am

For those complaining about Dave Mathews flubbing the lyrics (I saw her dancing there), it seemed to me that it was intentional. Does anyone else see it that way?
Harry

Postby Ram1 » Wed Feb 11, 2004 8:05 am

quote:Originally posted by Harry
For those complaining about Dave Mathews flubbing the lyrics (I saw her dancing there), it seemed to me that it was intentional. Does anyone else see it that way?

Even if it were, I'm still highly dissapointed in the performance. I think Dave Matthews' voice was horrible to tackle a song like that.
Ram1

Postby admiralvanderbilt » Wed Feb 11, 2004 9:12 am

I'm so pleased I didn't get up in the middle of the night to watch what sounds like a total disaster....
admiralvanderbilt
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby fletch » Wed Feb 11, 2004 10:12 am

Well, I posted another thread on this. To say I am disappointed in the 'tribute' to the Beatles is the understatement of the year. My wife and I tuned in the grammy's (or is it grimy's?) Sunday.

My impressions of ISHST. Sting did okay on the bass lines (although I wish he had played a hofner -- to get that funky bass line down). Vince Gill did a very good job on vocals and lead guitar. So good, in fact, that they should have let him sing lead the whole song. (Vince is a true tenor, like Paulie) Dave 'dancing' Matthews did not belong in this tribute. He doesn't have the vocal chords to carry ISHST... In fact, I wanted to break Dave's guitar over his head... Yuck... A major letdown...

We switched off the tube after Timberfake beat out Sting and George... Any other tributes to the lads???
fletch

Postby Steve-o » Wed Feb 11, 2004 4:57 pm

Well..Oliva and YUCKO were there live with ringo and macca on tape. About a 5 minutes deal..that was it.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Grillo » Thu Feb 12, 2004 1:24 pm

Well, Macca played a brief excerpt of Yesterday-curiously the only Beatles song absolutely Macca- and SuckoOno said "John and the other three". Too hard is for she... even today
Wouldnt have been better playing I wanna hold your hand, She Loves You? It´s pretty clear that the battle with Yoko is a neverending crap. They are not much mature.
Grillo
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Steve-o » Thu Feb 12, 2004 2:31 pm

Well, Grills, he WAS holding the guitar....I didnt see anything wrong with that at all.....nor do I think he meant to disrespect the other BEATLES one bit....it is Yucko who has no respect for anything other than John's money.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ram1 » Thu Feb 12, 2004 2:34 pm

Plus, Yesterday WAS the song he played on that guitar on ES in '65.
Ram1

Postby Grillo » Thu Feb 12, 2004 2:46 pm

Nothing against Macca. But you know what i mean...
Grillo
Silver member
Silver member

PreviousNext

Return to MACCA In-The-Media