Grammy Tribute to Beatles on Feb 8

This forum is to alert fans when Paul pops up on TV, radio, magazines, newspapers, websites.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Ram1 » Sat Feb 07, 2004 9:17 pm

YES!!!! Marwa Blues up for Best Pop Instrumental. Surprising, but awesome. Definitely deserves to win, WAD! Man, I'm looking at the list, and Hari is nominated for some very impressive categories! Other than George though, the majority of these nominees are just boring to me. I guess it shows how out of touch I've become with "modern" music. Talent has gone WAY down.
Ram1

Postby Ram1 » Sun Feb 08, 2004 9:26 pm

Just saw the first number (I Saw Her Standing There). It was OK, but nothing really spectacular. I guess my biggest complaint is the selection of Dave Matthews. I just don't think his voice fit AT ALL.
Ram1

Postby Ram1 » Sun Feb 08, 2004 10:14 pm

Justin Timberlake over George Harrison. Not surprising.
Ram1

Postby Grillo » Sun Feb 08, 2004 11:08 pm

Did you see MAcca and Ringo via satellite? Almost made me cry, so many memories, so many....
Grillo
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Ram1 » Sun Feb 08, 2004 11:12 pm

"Hello. My name is Ringo, and I'm on television." CHOKE!!!! Classic Ringo.
Ram1

Postby Steve-o » Sun Feb 08, 2004 11:33 pm

I thought Olivia was as classy as ever....the other one...I don't know. Seems like an act to me. Ringo was ringo, and macca gave us a little Yesterday, complete with perfect voice and an impromptu arrangement, which was cool. Good to see him at the mixing board.

As for the opening performance, DM singing "when i saw her DANCING there" was just unforgivable. Sting couldn't hit the same high notes as macca of course. And he was skipping bass notes left and right. Gill was actually the best of the 3 and I'm not a fan of his at all. Oh well...nothing like the original, or the current macca band doing the song, that's for sure.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby wesbeat » Sun Feb 08, 2004 11:41 pm

so much for mccartney and ringo appearing live ! the tribute basically stunk and i was looking forward to it for the last couple of days. El Stinkerino and a major disappointment

prince pretty hip opening the show !
wesbeat

Postby Steve-o » Sun Feb 08, 2004 11:45 pm

I think the advertised "big surprise" was Prince. I'm sure Chris Speers was happy, lol. Oh well...it was a nice dream on my part. I would bet that you probably wouldn't find Bin Ono and Macca in the same zip code. When I heard she was there, I just knew.....
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ram1 » Mon Feb 09, 2004 12:14 am

It's not over yet, guys. There's still at least a good half hour of the show left. I highly doubt now about the Paul/Ringo appearance, but I think there's gonna be a bigger tribute at the end of the show. And yeah, the "DANCING" thing was unreal.

By the way....In Memoriam--NOEL REDDING?!?! What the?!?! I had no idea Noel Redding died!! When did this happen?? Man, what a shocker for me. One of the best bass players ever, WAD. Only Mitch left from the Experience now. Or at least I THINK so. Heck, I didn't even know that NOEL had passed.
Ram1

Postby Steve-o » Mon Feb 09, 2004 12:16 am

quote:Originally posted by Ram1
It's not over yet, guys. There's still at least a good half hour of the show left. What? An awards show going over? LOL. I hope there is something more....
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to MACCA In-The-Media