Grammy Tribute to Beatles on Feb 8

This forum is to alert fans when Paul pops up on TV, radio, magazines, newspapers, websites.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Steve-o » Mon Feb 02, 2004 8:44 pm

On Sunday Feb 8, the Grammy Awards show will feature a tribute to the Beatles on Ed sullivan, the night before the 40th anniversary of that Feb 9, 1964 first appearance.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Steve-o » Mon Feb 02, 2004 8:44 pm

On Sunday Feb 8, the Grammy Awards show will feature a tribute to the Beatles on Ed sullivan, the night before the 40th anniversary of that Feb 9, 1964 first appearance.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ram1 » Tue Feb 03, 2004 9:30 am

quote:Originally posted by Steve-o

Steve, I was just about to post this same topic. But I also wanted to say that with this "All-Star" tribute, I have a feeling Macca might actually make a surprise appearance at the end and sing a Beatles tune. It really wouldn't surprise me at all actually.
Ram1

Postby Steve-o » Tue Feb 03, 2004 12:05 pm

I have seen promos that suggest a big surprise. What would be cooler than Macca and Ringo doing something ?
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ram1 » Tue Feb 03, 2004 2:26 pm

I have seen promos that suggest a big surprise. What would be cooler than Macca and Ringo doing something ?

WOW. I didn't even think about that, Steve. Good call. "That WOULD be something"!!
Ram1

Postby Steve-o » Tue Feb 03, 2004 2:30 pm

I can see this:

Macca and his band bursting into Sgt Pepper, and near the end of that song, up from a riser comes Mr Starkey, sitting behind his kit. They segue into "Little Help from my Friends". End with a BLISTRING SGt Pepper Reprise/The End, with Abe and Ringo pounding out the last solo in unison.

I can dream ,lol.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ram1 » Tue Feb 03, 2004 2:49 pm

I can see this:

Macca and his band bursting into Sgt Pepper, and near the end of that song, up from a riser comes Mr Starkey, sitting behind his kit. They segue into "Little Help from my Friends". End with a BLISTRING SGt Pepper Reprise/The End, with Abe and Ringo pounding out the last solo in unison.

I can dream ,lol.

Definitely would be awesome, man!! But ya know, I really don't think it's that far from a dream. it may not happen exactly in that manner, but I am just having a really good feeling that Paul and Richie will be performing. I can just feel it. (Man, I hope I'm right, lol). Would NO DOUBT be the greatest moment in Grammy history, WAD. I know one thing, I'll have my vcr ready for the tribute either way!
Ram1

Postby Ram1 » Sat Feb 07, 2004 8:45 pm

I'm getting pretty psyched about The Beatles Tribute tomorrow night. Does anybody know what artists are supposed to be performing Beatles songs? I still say Paul and Ringo are going to make a surprise appearance at the end! I'm gonna have me vcr ready!! [8D]
Ram1

Postby Steve-o » Sat Feb 07, 2004 8:53 pm

Yeah man, me too. I see George is up for 3 or 4 Grammys for his work on Brainwashed. I wish they had considered BITUS as a "long form", lol. Have no idea about what's going to happen, but here are the nominees:

http://www.grammys.com/awards/grammy/46noms.aspx
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ram1 » Sat Feb 07, 2004 9:03 pm

I see George is up for 3 or 4 Grammys for his work on Brainwashed.

AWESOME.

quote:www.grammys.com/awards/grammy/46noms.aspx

Cool. I'll check out the link, thanks. I just worry that they'll have someone like Justin Timberboobs singing "Here, There, and Everywhere", or Clay Aiken singing "Let it Be". LOL
Ram1

Next

Return to MACCA In-The-Media