"Beatles see no online future"

This forum is to alert fans when Paul pops up on TV, radio, magazines, newspapers, websites.

Moderator: Mike

Postby admiralvanderbilt » Wed Oct 15, 2003 1:00 pm

Interesting story..... (see macca news)

In 5, 10, 20 years (take your pick), none of us will be buying CDs - or any similar physical storage medium. All our music will be available online in real time, on demand - as will movies and old TV shows.

Ultimately, we will all pay a monthly subscription to a service provider, in return for regular TV plus on-demand movies and music. Some on-demand items will be included in the monthly charge, some you pay extra for (pay per view / listen).

The market price for "play once" as opposed to "download and keep" will adjust to a level at which many people won't even bother to keep a permanent record - apart from a few things they really need. CD and record collections in a physical sense will be a thing of the past.

This is the way of the future, and The Beatles WILL be a part of it.

Of course, I'm not giving up my record deck and vinyl for anything. I can't wait to be the old guy in the neighbourhood who has the kids knocking on the door asking - "is it really true? you have a record player? can we see it?"

[:D][;)]
admiralvanderbilt
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby admiralvanderbilt » Wed Oct 15, 2003 1:00 pm

Interesting story..... (see macca news)

In 5, 10, 20 years (take your pick), none of us will be buying CDs - or any similar physical storage medium. All our music will be available online in real time, on demand - as will movies and old TV shows.

Ultimately, we will all pay a monthly subscription to a service provider, in return for regular TV plus on-demand movies and music. Some on-demand items will be included in the monthly charge, some you pay extra for (pay per view / listen).

The market price for "play once" as opposed to "download and keep" will adjust to a level at which many people won't even bother to keep a permanent record - apart from a few things they really need. CD and record collections in a physical sense will be a thing of the past.

This is the way of the future, and The Beatles WILL be a part of it.

Of course, I'm not giving up my record deck and vinyl for anything. I can't wait to be the old guy in the neighbourhood who has the kids knocking on the door asking - "is it really true? you have a record player? can we see it?"

[:D][;)]
admiralvanderbilt
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Wings » Sat Dec 13, 2003 8:14 pm

Interesting.
Wings

Postby macca-fanna » Sun Dec 14, 2003 8:31 am

But why do you think, that the Beatles will then see no future?
macca-fanna
Silver member
Silver member

Return to MACCA In-The-Media