Macca :Guest Judge on Amercan Idol in Jan 04?

This forum is to alert fans when Paul pops up on TV, radio, magazines, newspapers, websites.

Moderator: Mike

Postby maccastheman » Mon May 19, 2003 12:42 pm

Regarding Simon - Before I even watched an episode of "Idol" in America, I saw a news special about Simon while I was in England a while back. Apparently "Idol" had just debuted in America. "Pop Idol" had been around in the U.K. for a while. The BBC or some other channel was interviewing Americans to get their reaction to Simon and Ann Robinson, the host of "Weakest Link." The correspondant seemed to be shoked that most Americans LIKED Simon and Ann, LOL. Most Americans interviewed said they respected their honesty. I guess I fall under that category.
maccastheman
Supporter
Supporter

Postby maccastheman » Mon May 19, 2003 12:43 pm

quote:Originally posted by admiralvanderbilt
I just can't imagine them talking to each other (Macca and Simon). Let's just hope it doesn't happen...

If Simon insulted Macca in ANY way, I think that would be the end for him. At least I hope it would. [:(!] So much for respecting his honesty, lol![;)]
maccastheman
Supporter
Supporter

Postby admiralvanderbilt » Mon May 19, 2003 1:01 pm

I like Ann Robinson because underlying what she does is humour - she has a twinkle in her eye while she's putting the knife in.

Simon... Well, he wouldn't be near the top of my list of ideal dinner guests. [;)]

I think you're right though - he certainly wouldn't get very far if he tried criticising Macca on any points he makes about musicianship, melody, phrasing, arrangement, presentation, ......
admiralvanderbilt
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby maccastheman » Mon May 19, 2003 1:07 pm

I like Ann Robinson because underlying what she does is humour - she has a twinkle in her eye while she's putting the knife in.

Simon... Well, he wouldn't be near the top of my list of ideal dinner guests. [;)]

I think you're right though - he certainly wouldn't get very far if he tried criticising Macca on any points he makes about musicianship, melody, phrasing, arrangement, presentation, ......

I totally agree with you about Ann. She even cracks up sometimes when the tables are turned and they throw an insult her way.

It would be hard to listen to Simon criticizing one of my favorite artists, no doubt. He always seems so serious.
maccastheman
Supporter
Supporter

Postby sleepyhollowgirl » Mon May 19, 2003 3:50 pm

quote:Originally posted by maccastheman
I just can't imagine them talking to each other (Macca and Simon). Let's just hope it doesn't happen...

If Simon insulted Macca in ANY way, I think that would be the end for him. At least I hope it would. [:(!] So much for respecting his honesty, lol![;)]

I agree. If he said as much as one rude word to the man, i'd never watch the show again.
sleepyhollowgirl
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby maccafan » Tue May 20, 2003 11:24 am

Paul on American Idol is a wonderful Idea! The thought that it would cheapen his image, legend is just ridiculous, who is better qualified to judge talent and songs than McCartney?

To be in the company of Lionel Ritchie, neil sadaka, a Bee Gee, is nothing to sneeze at, all of these guys have written some of the greatest songs in the history of music!!

Paul McCartney on American Idol adds to the stature of the show, it's what it's all about!!
maccafan
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby sleepyhollowgirl » Tue May 20, 2003 4:22 pm

Part of me thinks that, too, and another part thinks that it wouldn't work.
sleepyhollowgirl
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Steve-o » Tue May 20, 2003 10:57 pm

Well...tonight Rueben did "Imagine" and Clay did "Here There and Everywhere".....maybe they are trying to lure Macca. Liked the versions...
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby sleepyhollowgirl » Sun May 25, 2003 6:34 pm

I'm never going to forgive myself for missing it!!!! [V]
sleepyhollowgirl
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby sleepyhollowgirl » Mon May 26, 2003 6:05 pm

my computer is stupid, remember?? I don't have kazaa or anything
sleepyhollowgirl
Bronze member