Macca :Guest Judge on Amercan Idol in Jan 04?

This forum is to alert fans when Paul pops up on TV, radio, magazines, newspapers, websites.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Ram1 » Sat May 10, 2003 5:03 pm

You have some good points, Steve-o. ONE evening, a special evening, of Paul being on the show and the contestants doing nothing but Macca/Beatles covers, now I would go for that! I think that would be great. Man, the ratings would go through the ROOF!! Forget the roof, the ratings would go through the OZONE LAYER!! LOL. And could you imagine the build-up to that show? Man, that would be awesome. But Paul as a regular judge on the show? For an entire season? I just think that's a bad idea. I know some of you probably get upset with me saying this, but I honestly feel it would cheapen his legend big time.
Ram1

Postby Steve-o » Sat May 10, 2003 5:12 pm

Ramster, I think we are on the same page buddy....It would be for one night as a "GUEST" judge. That is what they are saying. They have one every week. He would be with the kids for a few days....teach them the songs....and then would nbe the judge that week. The only time they did something that strayed from that was when Billy Joel spent the time with him, and then they taped his song rememberances...but I think it was Smokey Robinson who actually was the judge that week. I think it had something to do with BJ and EJ being on tour. I just meant for the one show.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Steve-o » Sat May 10, 2003 5:13 pm

Oh yeah...Burt Bacharach did the same thing as Joel.....and someone else did the judging that night. I agree about being one for the whole season..that would never work. Time-wise or anything else...
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Steve-o » Sat May 10, 2003 5:16 pm

quote:Originally posted by stevew628
May 07, 2003 source - http://www.etonline.com
ET revealed that Paul is in negotiations with FOX to be a judge for the new American Idol in January next year. Talk about a dream come true, it apparently will happen to the next group.

WOW---how cool would that be? I truly hope that it happens.....

It meant for one of the shows in January of 2004. Guest judge, although not stated specifically was inferred. Randy, Paula and Simon have the permanent spots and have a "guest" each week with a theme each week. Sometimes it's a genre..other times it's a particular person's songs. And sometimes those people are the judges that week.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ram1 » Sat May 10, 2003 7:55 pm

Ohhhhhh, ok. I get it. I understand now. One night, and him teaching them the songs, that would be awesome. Yeah, I remember last year with Burt Bacharach. I was addicted last season. I haven't watched one this season.
Ram1

Postby Steve-o » Sun May 11, 2003 12:02 am

I did not watch any last year, but have seen most of them this year. BB did one this year as well--a few weeks back.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby sleepyhollowgirl » Sun May 11, 2003 4:28 pm

quote:Originally posted by Ram1
Come on, think about it. The is PAUL McCARTNEY we're talking about here. Yeah sure, it is a fun little idea, and it would be wild to see Macca on a show like that. But come on. Paul would look like a chump, I'm sorry. Listen, I care about the way Paul is perceived. He gets enough flack from ignorant critics as it is. Think about the future when history looks back on Paul. I can see it now: "Paul McCartney....Beatle, Wing, composer, humanitarian...AMERICAN IDOL JUDGE. Bad idea I'm telling you. Bad, bad. bad.

Lol, maybe you have a point......
and besides, not if its in january! i want him touring for my birthday!
sleepyhollowgirl
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Brains » Mon May 12, 2003 3:52 pm

quote:Originally posted by bianca_macca
quote:Originally posted by Brains
In Holland one contestant did Yesterday...

Who did yesterday in Holland??? I didn't see the 'theatershows', maybe it was then.
By the way I think the Duth winner 'Jamai' is a serious loser. Typically Dutch to make such an non-idol the 'Idol 2003'. Two hours ago I saw the liveshows with all ten Idols-finalists. Nine people were better than the winner!!!

David did Yesterday, during the theatershows. And agreed on Jamai. Marieke was my favourite, with Hind a close second.
Brains
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby maccastheman » Mon May 19, 2003 11:58 am

Though I generally agree with Mike about not liking manufactured pop music, American Idol is sort of like watching Broadway Musical Tryouts. I don't expect people like Michael Crawford or Sarah Brightman to write their own songs, but I do expect them to have incredible voices so they can handle Andrew Loyd Webber's material.

I don't think these people will have long careers on MTV or radio, but I do think people like Kelly, Justin, Rueben, and especially Clay would be great on broadway.

As for Macca as a guest judge on one episode - it's the number one rated show in May sweeps. Given the proper introduction and build-up, I don't see how it can make him look bad. In fact, I think it could introduce his music - yet again - to a younger generation. (Even though most new generations generally find it on their own)

I wonder how Simon would respond to Macca? That would be interesting to see.
maccastheman
Supporter
Supporter

Postby admiralvanderbilt » Mon May 19, 2003 12:36 pm

I just can't imagine them talking to each other (Macca and Simon). Let's just hope it doesn't happen...
admiralvanderbilt
Bronze member
Bronze member

PreviousNext

Return to MACCA In-The-Media