Macca :Guest Judge on Amercan Idol in Jan 04?

This forum is to alert fans when Paul pops up on TV, radio, magazines, newspapers, websites.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Steve-o » Wed May 07, 2003 10:10 pm

May 07, 2003 source - http://www.etonline.com
ET revealed that Paul is in negotiations with FOX to be a judge for the new American Idol in January next year. Talk about a dream come true, it apparently will happen to the next group.

WOW---how cool would that be? I truly hope that it happens.....
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Steve-o » Wed May 07, 2003 10:10 pm

May 07, 2003 source - http://www.etonline.com
ET revealed that Paul is in negotiations with FOX to be a judge for the new American Idol in January next year. Talk about a dream come true, it apparently will happen to the next group.

WOW---how cool would that be? I truly hope that it happens.....
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Brains » Thu May 08, 2003 7:39 am

In Holland, "Idols" as it was called, had judges that were less than friendly. Really very hard on people who couldn't sing. Was it like that in America too? I can't see Paul bashing untalented singers...
Brains
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Steve-o » Thu May 08, 2003 8:51 am

The show has 3 judges..one is pretty nuetral, one is overly generous, and one is British and is hilarious with his assessments. I agree with him most of the time, though. The "celeb" judge each week is usually pretty nice and non-confrontational. The public then does the "voting". I can't help it...I'm hooked...LOL

I have to kinda doubt if this will come together. No one even close to someone of Macca's stature has been the celeb judge (Neil Sedaka, The homely Gibb bro, Smokey Robinson, Lionel Ritchie, etc).
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Steve-o » Thu May 08, 2003 8:53 am

quote:Originally posted by Brains
In Holland, "Idols" as it was called, had judges that were less than friendly. Really very hard on people who couldn't sing. Was it like that in America too? I can't see Paul bashing untalented singers...
Also, when you get to the "final 10" or whatever, most of them are pretty good, but all, being amatuers, are cpable of laying an egg. That's when Simon pounces, and as I said, he's usually right.

The early tryouts were HILARIOUS!!!!!! Some really bad ones!!
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby sleepyhollowgirl » Fri May 09, 2003 3:54 pm

That'd rock!!! *crosses fingers* But no matter what, the kids at school will call Paul nerdy and assume I am too (for liking him)
sleepyhollowgirl
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Steve-o » Fri May 09, 2003 4:15 pm

Hey SHG...you are going to laugh, but I had the same trouble when I was around 16. I LOVED "Ram", but some of my friends wouldnt even give him a chance...they were into the Doors and Zep (so was I). I FINALLY converted a few of them..but RRS and WIld Life didnt help things much.....I had been a Beatle fan since I was about 8....and Paul was always my fave....thank goodness for BOTR, because he redeemed himself bigtime!!! If you get "nerded", ask them to come back in 40 years and see if their faves are still around!!!
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby sleepyhollowgirl » Fri May 09, 2003 4:25 pm

Its good to know I'm not the only one. [8)] But sometimes I have to stop and wonder: if they actually were open minded and LISTENED to his stuff, they'd all love him. Why completely block yourself off from something you could love? How can it be an 'in' thing to like the beatles but so nerdy to love paul???? It's annoying sometimes, but, I know what I like, and I'm not going to pretend to be something I'm not. My attitude toward everyone at school is: here I am. if you don't like me, oh well. Because I am soooooo sick of the abercrombie and fitchers telling me what is cool and what isn't. (Those parents who supply their children with Abercrombie and Fitch clothing should know they are doing their children an injustice- trying to buy them in to a group that doesn't know what they're about.)
sleepyhollowgirl
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Steve-o » Fri May 09, 2003 4:37 pm

This Sleepy Hollow rant was brought to you by Old Navy. [:D]

Sorry kid..couldnt resist!!![:D][}:)][}:)][:D][:D]
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby sleepyhollowgirl » Fri May 09, 2003 9:11 pm

Gr. thats what I am trying to stand against, but if no one will take me seriously......[xx(]
sleepyhollowgirl
Bronze member
Bronze member

Next

Return to MACCA In-The-Media