the mccartney/colbert show

This forum is to alert fans when Paul pops up on TV, radio, magazines, newspapers, websites.

Moderator: Mike

the mccartney/colbert show

Postby mr h atom » Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:57 pm

anyone see it ? :-??

me no have cable ~X(
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom
Gold member :)

Re: the mccartney/colbert show

Postby DigsY2K » Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:19 pm

you can see it on colbertnation.com
DigsY2K

Postby mr h atom » Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:51 am

thanks... :salute
mr h atom

Postby Tiger » Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:12 pm

Awesome! Best interview in years. Paul was really at ease and having fun. :-BD
Tiger

Postby efghijiloveyou » Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:30 pm

Yes, fun interview. You can find it and the songs he performed on youtube also.
efghijiloveyou
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Jeremy K2 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:37 pm

Hi

Yes the interview was great fun however, and it saddens me to say this, but I was very disappointed in his singing. Many high notes could not be reached without a screach or were simply flat.
I remember Paul once saying he would probably keep preforming live until they starting booing him off the stage, even if he is was wheeled out in a wheelchair.

I hope he never does this and knows when to quit live performances. Obviously people still love to see him live still so fair enough keep going, but I am scared that he may not know when the time to stop should be.

It's just that I wouldn't want to see his legacy mocked by future performances that eventually have to decline with age. No-one can escape aging. If he can still pull it off than go for it! But when the time comes that performances become embarrassing than someone might need to urged him to perhaps give up the live tours and perhaps just concentrate on other things.

Cheerio
Jeremy K2

Postby Tiger » Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:45 pm

The guy is 71 years old singing songs in the same key from when he was 20-30 years old. I think he sounds amazing considering that. We as his fans, should be the first to cut him some slack. :-BD
Tiger

Postby ringo7165 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:23 am

to Jeremy K2:

excellent points.

I just closed my eyes, and listened to 'Listen to what the Man said", (Colbert) and have been cranking "wings Over America" (almost teary eyed) cos Paul will someday not be here,...and thinking, yes, he's 71, please don't try to "over extend this"...so I see (hear) where you're coming from.

this said, I think he'll probably do it for a few more years live, and why not, they're great songs...and he loves the folks. Many, many times he really succeeds, and will so, I'm sure, for his new release.

( He always does)...in the studio...and good live in the stadiums...BUT

Most people want to hear the melodies, his bass, and enjoy the joy that his songs evoke.., and aren't quite as critical as you and I.
( the average person)

You make an excellent point, though, in that, we hope he knows, when it is time, to dump the band, and just play acoustic, on these TV shows, and bring out the loveliness, of say, " and I love her", 'heart of the county", 'I'm carrying" , "bluebird"....I think he'll know when it's time to switch venues...but I hear you...and I think hell do great

BTW...Wings Over America and RAM are just so delightful...the color, whimsy, brass and sheer Macca in full form ( see his work 1988-2009)... a real gem this guy
ringo7165

Postby mr h atom » Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:09 pm

watched the show...quite nice, but i've got to agree with JK2 & ringo#'s assesments: while he does sound pretty good for what we think a 71 year old might sound like ...the voice is not at all what it was even just a few years back...and it is clearly not getting any better: each time he comes out on the road there are more and more 'speed bumps'...more and more 'potholes' in the voice...

i'm sure the studio work will be fine: they can take endless takes and/or digitally master the heck out of any little bits to make a fine cohesive whole: why not, that is exactly how every movie and just about every tv show is made...and an awful lot of songs since multitrack recording came along...so what...big deal

i'm sure he and his 'people' are keeping quite a close eye on every aspect and he'll do the correct thing when he feels it is time to do so

so far, all the reviews from this set of shows that i've read have been pretty danged glowing, though all have mentioened the well worn voice sneaking in at times...
mr h atom

Postby stuart7 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:03 am

I thought he did fine except for Listen To What The Man Said. I think the solution is to have people around him who are honest and not afraid to tell him what songs are now out of his range. No big deal.
stuart7

Next

Return to MACCA In-The-Media