Secret Website Show - Report :

This forum is to alert fans when Paul pops up on TV, radio, magazines, newspapers, websites.

Moderator: Mike

Secret Website Show - Report :

Postby Mike » Mon Dec 16, 2002 11:14 am

This is a report on the "The Secret Website Show" as it has been avialable on-demand since midnight UK time. It will tell all about the show so please don't read this if you want to see it yourself and be surprised. It will available on-demand in either Windows Media Player or Real Player for the next week. You of course will need the Back in the US DVD and a DVD rom installed in your computer along with Flash 6.

The show started right off with a redition of "Honey Hush", one of the cover songs Paul did on "Run Devil Run" but this time Paul is on his Les Paul and does the 1st and 3rd lead guitar solos. Rusty does the 2nd lead solo and Brian is on bass. Wix and Abe are playing as well, in fact the whole band is performing the entire show. All camera shots are on the band as they are performing on-stage with the same setup of the tour. There is no audience what-so-ever.

After finishing Honey Hush, they go into a short version of some Jimmi Hendrix, "Foxy Lady", yes that's right, Paul on lead guitar.

Jumps right into a very upbeat version of "Blackbird" with the whole band. Audiences in Osaka were treated the next song and now we can see this performance as they did a great version of "Calico Skies". Paul goes back on his Les Paul doing "Honey Don't" a Carl Perkins song covered by The Beatles.

The next song was a wonderful surprise for me, and from the opening piano chords of Paul's piano, I immediately recognized it and was amazed. They performed a fantastic version of the instrumental "Celebration" from "Standing Stone" and the bootleg of the Rubert soundtrack.

A kind of jam followed with a song I guess was called "Welcome" very similar to the Welcome song when you first enter to the secret website. Paul introduces Rusty, Wix, Abe, Brian and then himself as Paul Ramone.

Another previously unheard song called "India" was performed, this must have been from the Driving Rain sessions.

The final song they played was "Lady Madonna" with Thadeus Richard on clarinet. The middle was extended a bit for an extra solo. It is speculated that this "Secret Website Show" was recorded in New Orleans as Thadeus did go up and perform this song with the band.

The video was very clean and uninterrupted on my hi-speed connection using Window Media Player, I havne't tried it yet in Real Media. All in all it was a sweatest little show as we got to hear tunes as advertised, "Never-Before-Seen Footage and Performances". As I said all songs were with the entire band and they were complete from start to finish. Thanks Paul, it was great, can't wait to see what else you have up your sleeve.
Mike
Gold member :)

Postby Mike » Mon Dec 16, 2002 2:02 pm

No comments yet?

Well I know there are some of you who are having trouble getting to the Secret Website or you haven't purchased the DVD or a DVD ROM yet. In any case I've recorded the broadcast and will make available briefly for our friends here that are interested.

Let me know ASAP, to see if it's worth my time to put up a MACCA-Radio broadcast.
Mike

Postby Steve-o » Mon Dec 16, 2002 2:08 pm

I have the DVD. I do not have a DVD rom on any of the computers that I use at home, work, or on the road---there was just no need at the time of purchase. Sounds great, but not everyone has a DVD Rom on their computer---probably less than 10% of the people who own a DVD player---that will chnage in the next year or tow, but we are here now.

This wasn't the Macca camps BEST idea, that's for sure. In fact, it sucks. The early news about this led me to believe that the extra PC stuff on the DVD's were accessible through a std CD-Rom. Others have done them this way. That's too bad.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Steve-o » Mon Dec 16, 2002 2:12 pm

quote:Originally posted by Mike
Let me know ASAP, to see if it's worth my time to put up a MACCA-Radio broadcast.
Not if that looney tunes luvsmacca in Macca chat has anything to do with it. She's just plain goofy and rude to boot. "This is my room--I'm the moderator---do what I say or get the hell out". There's a reason few visit Macca-Chat.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Mike » Mon Dec 16, 2002 2:16 pm

1st - MACCA-Chat is separate media from MACCA-Radio though they are both here at MACCA-Central, one if for chatting and one is a radio show so you don't have to get into MACCA-Chat to listen to MACCA-Radio.

2nd - Nobody has told me this that she is claiming to be the moderator as she is not. I will address this immediately. Everyone is welcome there and yours is the first complaint of this nature.

3rd - Doing a broadcast at 1:30PM ET in about 6 minutes. Just go to the MACCA-Radio link from the main page.
Mike

Postby Steve-o » Mon Dec 16, 2002 3:26 pm

quote:Originally posted by Mike
2nd - Nobody has told me this that she is claiming to be the moderator as she is not. I will address this immediately. Everyone is welcome there and yours is the first complaint of this nature.

Woah...I just believed her since she has said it 4 or 5 times. I didnt complain until now since you mentioned the radio show and I thought they were connected. Life is too short to complain about that type of little stuff.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Mike » Mon Dec 16, 2002 3:38 pm

No problem Steve, thanks for bringing this to my attention.
Mike

Postby Aujouret » Mon Dec 16, 2002 5:03 pm

Thank you, MIKE! That was fantastic[:D]
I have been listening start to finish since a bit after 12:00pm here in California.
Wow! I was up dancing to Honey Hush, one of my faves from RDR and was having a great time. Excellent lead guitar there. Paul is so underrated as lead guitar player.
Foxy Lady was so fun with Wix on organ. It's nice to hear Paul do that one as I love Jimi.
I enjoyed Blackbird uptempo like that. I personally felt that song lagged a bit in concert. Nobody seemed very into it at any of my three concerts.
I think Paul's singing was better on this version of Calico Skies than on FP. FP is one of my fave albums anyway, so I love to hear anything from FP. I really think his singing has improved so much on this tour.
Oh my sweet Lord! Honey Don't was unbelievable! I love Carl perkins so much and I'd love it if Paul recorded that one[:)] One of my special favorites from the new DVD is Matchbox, I play it over and over again.
I liked Welcome and the Paul Ramone bit.[:)]
India was nice, but clearly needs some lyrics. Sounded a bit like something from Off the Ground to me. Somehow sounded reminicent of that album. It is very obvious that both Paul and Heather love India.
Heather's first modeling job was for a very nice couple from India, so she's been there lots. She talks about it a lot in her new book, A Single Step. I expect we will see future trips to India for the Maccas.
I enjoyed Mr. Richard's sax in Lady Madonna. Wish he'd been on the whole tour, as I feel that sax added a lot to the song.
Thank you again, Mike. That was such a pleasure this Monday to hear that. I'm afraid I've got a bit of the post-Paul-concert-depression-blues and listening to that has really cheered me up.
I have to agree with Steve that it was a mistake that Paul did the Secret website thing this way. I don't have DVD-Rom and don't expect to anytime soon by a long shot. I was watching a CD-Rom of Imagine just yesterday on my computer- the original film John and Yoko made- and was thinking about the Secret Website and how I would miss out on that and knowing many otheres are probably gonna miss out too.
But thanks to you, Mike- I haven't.[:)]
Aujouret
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Mike » Mon Dec 16, 2002 5:25 pm

I know what you guys are saying but can you take that Imageine CD-ROM and play in high quality digital on a DVD player to see it on a large screen ? Of course not. It watchable on a computer but can't compare at all to DVD quality no matter how much you want it too.

DVD is the present and future, CD ROMs are very limited with the amount of data and quality you can do, it was obviously a business decision that has paid off very well since I understand it's still the hotest selling DVD. The problem is the website access thingy. I think I've said this earlier that I'm not sure if you can have both CDROM compatible data and DVD data and DVD movie all compatible on a DVD. If it is possible then it was a blunder not to include a tiny little data file readable by CDROMs so to access the secret site.
Mike

Postby Steve-o » Mon Dec 16, 2002 5:44 pm

I would huge $$ that the secret site and the hot selling of the DVD have absolutely no relationship to each other. We all bought it so we could re-live the experience. Not to access some secret site. I agree that DVD ROm is the future. No question. I'm just saying that something for the present should have been available as well.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Next

Return to MACCA In-The-Media