Paul on X-Factor (videos)

This forum is to alert fans when Paul pops up on TV, radio, magazines, newspapers, websites.

Moderator: Mike

Re: Paul on X-Factor (videos)

Postby Mike » Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:10 pm

This article speaks for itself as to Paul's direct stand on.

Mike Kovacich
www.macca-central.com . . . . . . . . . . . . www.maccaradio.com
The Paul McCartney FUNSITE . . . . . . . . The Voice of The Beatles
Mike
Gold member :)

Postby EddieV » Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:12 am

Excuse me who the f... is Simon Cowell, what a d.........
Now junior behave yourself
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Mike » Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:47 am

Please correct me if I'm wrong but Simon is the guy who produces the American Idol and X-Factor type shows that make instant rock stars. He seems to have a secret formula that bypasses the usual thousands of hours of blood, sweat and tears people usually had to go through. It involves holding karaoke auditions where thousands of people sing a song just like karaoke but the trick is they don't call it karaoke. These auditions, the worse and some of the best are shown on national TV and 3 or 4 judges humiliate most of the contestants. The other part of the trick is that the viewer is brainwashed to believe one of these people is going to be the next rock/pop idol. They buy right into it literally, making the shows creators and judges filthy rich.

This topic has come up a few times and my views are simple. I won't be brainwashed and be told what songs I will listen to and what face I should idolize. Paul McCartney has come out against this format of creating stars as well. Which brings us back to why Paul did the X-Factor show. See Paul is quite unique, he is one of the people that can believe in one thing and not totally hate or despise the person or group who doesn't side on his view(s). He can actually have a civil conversation, and even perform on the show as in this case.
Mike Kovacich
Mike

Postby EddieV » Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:19 am

what I meant was that a man like Simon Cowell he thinks he can dictate what is good or bad music. Also thinks he can decide what will be a number 1 song :puker :puker
Now junior behave yourself
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Mike » Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:58 am

EddieV wrote:what I meant was that a man like Simon Cowell he thinks he can dictate what is good or bad music. Also thinks he can decide what will be a number 1 song :puker :puker

I know what you mean. The Beatles really broke the mold and paved the way for artists to have more input on their careers. The Beatles too were handed pre-manufactured songs by record companies as that's the way it was done. This whole reversion of going back to being told what to do under contract is medieval, a giant step backwards, stiffening creativity and artist freedom.
Mike Kovacich
Mike

Previous

Return to MACCA In-The-Media