Paul McCartney to appear on 'The Late Show With David Letter

This forum is to alert fans when Paul pops up on TV, radio, magazines, newspapers, websites.

Moderator: Mike

Paul McCartney to appear on 'The Late Show With David Letter

Postby I am the Paulrus » Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:10 pm

Paul McCartney to appear on 'The Late Show With David Letterman' next Wednesday, July 15

July 10, 2009

http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-2082 ... -Wednesday

Paul McCartney will make his first visit to "The Late Show With David Letterman" next Wednesday, July 15, CBS announced Friday.

McCartney, who as a member of The Beatles made his U.S. live television debut on "The Ed Sullivan Show" on the same stage at the Ed Sullivan Theater now used for the Letterman show, will be interviewed by Letterman and also perform on the show.

McCartney begins an exclusive series of shows across the United States, beginning July 17 at Citi Field in New York City, and then moving to Washington, D.C., Boston, Atlanta, Tulsa and winding up in Dallas on Aug. 19.

The multiple Grammy Award-winning artist, the most successful musician and composer of all time, has been hailed for his work with his band, Wings, as well as for his solo projects. He most recently released the album, "Electric Arguments," his third release under the name "The Fireman."

"The Late Show With David Letterman" is a production of Worldwide Pants Inc. Barbara Gaines, Maria Pope, Jude Brennan and Rob Burnett are the executive producers.

The show airs at 11:35 PM-12:37 AM, ET/PT on CBS. For other time zones, check local listings.
ImageImage
I am the Paulrus
Silver member
Silver member

Re: Paul McCartney to appear on 'The Late Show With David Letter

Postby markfeber@yahoo.com » Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:36 pm

fantastic!!!!!! i will be tuned in. thanks for the info
markfeber@yahoo.com
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby chris » Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:42 pm

i think this is awesome. letterman is very good at making his guests feel...uncomfortable. that makes for some very interesting interviews. but every now and then, he has a guest that is so accomplished, he (dave) just gushes over them. THAT...is what i expect next wednesday. very cool.

what in the hell will paulie sing? gotta be something new-ish, right? i'm thinking highway. yep. gotta be highway.
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby markfeber@yahoo.com » Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:47 pm

since it is in the old ed sullivan theater or i think it is he may do something the fabs played there 45 years ago. just a thought.
markfeber@yahoo.com
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby linclink » Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:19 pm

I wonder if he will play at all. I certainly hope so, but there are times that the giants come on & don't play. So we'll see. If he does, I'd think it'll either be something off of "Electric Arguments" or something The Beatles played at Shea. Blessings!!
Om Namah Shivaya !!!!
linclink
Silver member
Silver member

Location: Canandaigua, New York, USA, Earth, Cosmos of Light & Love

Postby chris » Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:12 pm

I am the Paulrus wrote:McCartney, who as a member of The Beatles made his U.S. live television debut on "The Ed Sullivan Show" on the same stage at the Ed Sullivan Theater now used for the Letterman show, will be interviewed by Letterman and also perform on the show.

:cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby linclink » Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:30 pm

chris wrote:
I am the Paulrus wrote:McCartney, who as a member of The Beatles made his U.S. live television debut on "The Ed Sullivan Show" on the same stage at the Ed Sullivan Theater now used for the Letterman show, will be interviewed by Letterman and also perform on the show.

:cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers

Oops :oops: !! I guess I missed "...AND ALSO PERFORM ON THE SHOW!!". I wonder if he'll do something The Beatles first played when they were on Sullivan? I now also wonder if they'll have him do more than one song...and if his band will be playing with him?
:ymparty: :cheers :ymparty: :cheers :ymparty: :cheers :ymparty: :cheers :ymparty: :cheers :ymparty: :cheers
Om Namah Shivaya !!!!
linclink
Silver member
Silver member

Location: Canandaigua, New York, USA, Earth, Cosmos of Light & Love

Postby markfeber@yahoo.com » Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:53 pm

whatever he does i am sure will be great but i dont expect his band to be there but who knows?
markfeber@yahoo.com
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby 2 of 3 » Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:46 am

Paul won't need his band , with the Late Show Band there....those guys are amazing....and Will is in the Fab Faux. :)
The World is a tangled up necklace of Pearls
2 of 3
Supporter
Supporter

Postby lobbybobby » Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:46 am

Just checked the late night website. Macca is the only guest listed. Maybe we'll get a 5 or 6 song set.
a good friend of mine...follows the stars...
lobbybobby
Supporter
Supporter

Next

Return to MACCA In-The-Media