Paul on National Public Radio: 11-26-02

This forum is to alert fans when Paul pops up on TV, radio, magazines, newspapers, websites.

Moderator: Mike

Paul on National Public Radio: 11-26-02

Postby Mike » Mon Nov 25, 2002 5:04 pm

NPR's Renee Montagne previews Tuesday's talk with former Beatle Paul McCartney about his new double CD and tour documentary. For the first time, he's embraced old Beatles tunes with a new band. (2:03)

http://www.npr.org

Don't know the time yet but it's part of Morning Edition.
Mike
Gold member :)

Postby Mike » Tue Nov 26, 2002 11:29 am

Paul was on NPR (National Public Radio) this morning and a more extensive interview can be heard online at this URL later today:
http://www.npr.org/display_pages/features/feature_856178.html
Mike

Postby Chris Speers » Wed Nov 27, 2002 12:25 am

Those NPR interviews were incredible. Hearing him actually get choked up on the NPR interview reciting "Here today" was a moment in Macca history - first time i ever seen him nearly cry ever. While he composes himself, he does tear up and it's amazing that the interviewer was able to cut through his armor for once. She actually asked him a really good question "What about the night you and John cried what was that all about it" . Fantastic insightful question.

Counting the DVD on the beginning of Long and Winding Road when he comes close to tearing up and can barely finish the lyrics - it's amazing to see Macca have geniune emotion.
Chris Speers
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Chris Speers » Fri Nov 29, 2002 11:31 pm

If you go to these websites provided by Mike, i think there are some of the most insightful interviews we have heard in years paritcularly the NPR interview that was used to promo "Blackbird:. As someone who has listened or read interviews about P Mac for the last 25 years since i could read, i really think his voice cracking on the NPR interview from 2000 when speaking about John was endearing, insightful. Paul is the best PR man in the business (As John used to say, he would have killed as a PR Man) - he will only let you take things so far.

It was refreshing for once for an interviewer to probe him a little bit about Here Today - what was the night we cried about and so forth? After all those superficial interviews with the same stories, these are really good.

As i said before, i wish somebody who wasn't swarmy and show-bizzie and someone with a deep intelluct and a real feel for his music, his life, and his politics would interview him. There are many of us hard-core fans who would do a splendid job. Most of these "Mary Harts" and "Newspaper and radio hacks" who did interview him are some of the lamest and moronic people - and they do interviews for a living and they stink cause they don't research or they don't know the music and they ask the same lame questions. Like Larry King, etc (who stinks when he tries to go deep cause you know he's not a fan) Hearing some of the radio interviews - you wonder how some of these people can call themselves professional. Your Pat O'Briens and your Mary Harts are just celebrity hacks who couldn't conduct an interview to save their lives.
Chris Speers
Bronze member
Bronze member

Return to MACCA In-The-Media