Successful Paul

Discussions related to Paul as a Beatle.

Moderator: Mike

Re: Successful Paul

Postby KEYNSHAM » Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:21 pm

bravefan wrote:For the most part he has handled himself with class and dignity. He is generally a good interview. He generally makes the interviewer feel at ease.

Except when he was married to you know who--then he looked liked he wished the earth would open up and swallow him. :YMSIGH:
I've seen people who take it on board, who really take it on board, and I think they're missing the point.
~Paul McCartney
KEYNSHAM

Postby Girl4Beats » Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:24 pm

Guys,

Who knows where Lennon would be today or what he would be doing if he had lived. I have been a Paul Fan since 1964 and will continue to do so but Lennon did put out some good music. As to who is cooler than the other? Its a matter of who you like better. They wrote both equally good songs although in different styles and different sentiments. And they were outstanding together.

I think there are TWO Pauls. The professional one and the private one. Who knows how he is in private. He might be very withdrawn in private. But no matter what, he is, has been and always will be my fave. I will shut up now.
Girl4Beats
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby foxylady » Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:50 pm

I don't think Paul is a withdrawn person at all in private. From what I've gathered over the years, he is an open, upbeat and generally optimistic person. He has close and old friends, he likes to party, he's kept good contact with his family (and afore mentioned friends).
He withdraws only when he really feels very bad (Beatles breakup, Heather marriage desaster).
All IMO of course.
foxylady

Postby mi » Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:11 pm

Girl4Beats wrote:Guys,

Who knows where Lennon would be today or what he would be doing if he had lived. I have been a Paul Fan since 1964 and will continue to do so but Lennon did put out some good music. As to who is cooler than the other? Its a matter of who you like better. They wrote both equally good songs although in different styles and different sentiments. And they were outstanding together.

I think there are TWO Pauls. The professional one and the private one. Who knows how he is in private. He might be very withdrawn in private. But no matter what, he is, has been and always will be my fave. I will shut up now.

I totally agree, it's a matter of personal taste! Paul has always been more appealing to me, in person. I get that some love John better, but the strange thing to me is that some of them behave like Paul fans, because Paul for them is some kind of "susbstitute" for John. I had a neighbor just like that - he filled his room with posters of Paul, and one day called me and said - "I've decided to give you all these, becuase I want to put John's instead", I mean... why did he even put them on in the first place? he actually wanted me to take them off his hands (which, of course, I was only too happy to do...) :roll:
mi
Silver member
Silver member

Postby efghijiloveyou » Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:23 pm

I'm happy with both of them on my walls, all four Beatles actually. :smile:
efghijiloveyou
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby mi » Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:36 pm

bravefan wrote: Pretty bold to come out with a line like"Imagine no posessions" while living in Manhattan. .

Yeah, and I always thought it's all very well to say "war is over if you want it" while living in Manhattan... I'd like to hear him saying that after living in Israel for a while. I mean - no matter how much we want it, war will never be over when our enemies don't want it to...Besides, it always feels very weird to me to hear him singing "all we are saying is give peace a chance". I mean, everytime I hear it, for some reason I get reminded of all that "How do you Sleep" rubbish, and I always think "Hey, you said MUCH more than that dude"...
mi
Silver member
Silver member

Postby chris » Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:53 pm

i don't know if we're getting off topic or not...but i think john said what he was thinking, while he was thinking it. and if it meant, a day or a week later, he said something that contradicted his first statement...oh well. i don't hold that against him. it's who he was. and it is what he did. i personally know people that do that. and once you learn it...you accept it is just a character trait.

john and paul were so famous, and so adored, and their words were so combed thru for meaning...one may tend to forget that they were really just people. flawed people who were capable of making mistakes...and occasionally getting something right as well. i don't ask my favorite musicians (or actors, athletes, chefs) to be perfect. just do what you do well...and keep it up...and i will remain a fan. but i don't hold it against john for his philosophical outlook on life any more than i would hold it against paul for being a lousy plumber. it isn't the reason i signed up for fandom in the first place.
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby efghijiloveyou » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:36 pm

I agree with you Chris that John and Paul are just people with opinions. Great artits, but regular people too and I can forgive them for saying whatever's on their minds because I'm guilty of many contradictions myself. I also understand Mi's point of view. It's all well and good to say' give peace chance' when your enemies are far away and have little chance to do damage, but when they're at your front door and unwilling to stop the violence, I can imagine that it might sound a little like hollow sloganeering. While it is better to think 'peace' than ' war' in an altruistic sense, in real life the strongest survive. Please don't take this to mean I'm pro violence, but if someone invades my home for example, I will resort to whatever it takes to preserve my life and my family.
efghijiloveyou
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby chris » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:55 pm

i actually agree with you, ef...and i agree with mi as well. however, i have to admit...i do not now, nor have i ever, really, felt threatened...really threatened...in my normal safe suburban lifestyle. maybe i don't know in which manner i would act til i'm in that predicament myself. and i hope to never find out.

mi has been posting for a while now. and i can't begin to pretend what it would be like facing danger (or even the possibilty of it) on a daily basis. but i know mi has not lost her sense of humor, her sense of family, her sense of wonder, and her love of great music in spite of some of the things she's been thru. i can only hope i would respond as well as she.
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby mr h atom » Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:40 am

me...i've always liked a great pair of "artits" * ...so, for the most part i'm good with all of this...

* thanks for the opening, E :wink:
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

PreviousNext

Return to Paul as a Beatle