Paul's behavior got John mad

Discussions related to Paul as a Beatle.

Moderator: Mike

Postby T-BONE » Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:59 pm

One of the things John complained about was Paul would spend so much time on his own songs and kind of rush thru John's a couple of times and call it good. John would notice a ''sadistic smile on Paul's face. :( :?:
T-BONE

Postby TMCKPAULFAN » Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:40 pm

Aujouret wrote:quote:Originally posted by jet
And who can believe anything Yoko says about Paul?

Agreed, jet.
I think your point about John's anger towards Paul was really jealous insecurity for the most part.
All of those old old stories are probably true to some extent, but the bottom line is that those two guys loved each other and the hurts were behind them. I am sure that wherever John is that he is lovingly watching over Paul and those of us attending the concerts earlier this year could see and hear the love that Paul has for John (and George). I think this stuff is just dead in the water. It doesn't matter anymore. Yes, they both hurt each other badly many times in the past. So?
I personally have 86 books on the Beatles. Ridiculous, I know. I think there are also about six more out there right now that I'll be buying too. I can read the old hurts over and over anytime. But when you hear Paul talk about "going over to George's house for dinner and then the ukeleles would come out." That's what matters, isn't it?

WOW AUJ!!! THAT'S ALOT OF BOOKS!!! GOOD FOR YOU!!! AND IF I SAID...I REALLY LOVED YOU AND WAS GLAD YOU CAME ALONG...THEN YOU IN MY SONG... HERE TODAY...
TMCKPAULFAN

Postby TMCKPAULFAN » Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:54 pm

btls4ever1940 wrote:I think a lot of John's meanness comes from his insecurities. When John hooked up w/ Yoko I think she was filling his head w/ crap to get him more attached to her. John probably went through his whole life looking for love and not finding much. His mom basically left him and Mimi wasn't much of a loving mother figure - more of a disciplinarian. Everyone played a victim, sometimes I think Paul got the raw end and sometimes I think he deserved it. Either way I love both of them equally. I will add one more thing, when John divorced Cynthia, he treated her like ***censored*** and the only one who stuck up for her was Paul - at least that is what she says in her book. If John would have lived I really believe there would have been a reunion of some kind - which makes his passing even more depressing. At least John and Paul made up before he died.

What is even more depressing is the way John completely ignored his first born son Julian and wasn't there for him, but really went crazy over Sean. Julian didn't deserve that kind of treatment. No child does! I imagine that Yoko also had influence over that situation is well. Crazy woman anyway!

In my life I loved you more...
TMCKPAULFAN

Postby nerktwin » Sun Apr 16, 2006 8:00 pm

Well, I think the "subconsciously destroying the songs" bit is just John being paranoid and exaggerating, so I dismiss all that talk as being real.

Paul says Yoko told him what hurt John was Paul going to do the "Family Way" without him- Paul talks about that in the book "Yesterday and Today." He says he just didn't think about it and didn't mean to hurt him. I don't think he has ever address the "stock" story but several sources have talked about, including the Peter Brown book, and John did get angry when he learned Paul had been buying shares and not telling him. Obviously, it happened, but I don't think it was something they did not get straight about- I mean, John did some things that Paul was hurt over- several things, so I would say both were hurt over each other's behavior many times-

Overall, Paul tried to the end of John's life to patch things up, he tried many times to get back into John's life, so he's not a bad guy and obviously loved him or he wouldn't have cared.
nerktwin

Postby Beatle Lou » Sat Apr 29, 2006 10:15 am

There is no denying how much John and Paul loved each other, even through the bitterness it is clear. George would always say that he was closest to John after the acid trip but to me that may have been one sided. Both men secretly followed the others solo career and sucesses. Paul was always more truthful about John whereas John would always double talk. During his last interview with PLAYBOY in 1980, John stated thst the last gasp from Macca was "The Long And Winding Road" A few questions afterward he went on to call Paul's latest single, "Coming Up" a "damn good piece of work". Prior to his death, Harry Nillson once stated that a girl told him that John was wearing an old Beatle button that said "I Love Paul" and the girl asked him why are you wearing that button??? "Because I love Paul" was John's reply. It's really as simple as that, even during the Mike Douglas show in 1972, John stated that Paul was "his best male friend" even though they haven't seen each other in awhile but they still spoke on the phone. The one major factor in keeping John and Paul apart was always Yoko Ono and her resentment towards the brother who John loved more than anyone else aside from her, she couldn't handle John's bond with Paul. She tried to break it and couldn't, heck she still tries 26 years after John's death. Bottom line behind hte insecurites and BS the guys loved each other.
Beatle Lou

Postby 2 of 3 » Sat Apr 29, 2006 11:26 am

Nice one Lou! :)
2 of 3
Supporter
Supporter

Postby mi » Sat Apr 29, 2006 2:35 pm

I don't think she ever had anything against Paul in person. She just couldn't stand to see John's attention being drawn from her. This isn't love, that's possesiveness - a trait I, personally, find absolutely sickening. My husband has always had friends that I couldn't stand, but I never dreamed of telling him "don't associate with this one" or even "don't bring him home". I didn't associate with them myself, that's all.
I'm not suprised she resents Paul to this day - she's been alone for 26 years, how do you think she feels, seeing him always surrounded by family and love. Just try to imagine what she put Sean's girlfriends through...
mi
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Cologne girl » Sun Apr 30, 2006 9:51 pm

mi wrote:Just try to imagine what she put Sean's girlfriends through...

Yes, I suppose I wouldn't want to be her daughter-in-law :lol:
It's the start of a journey
To a much better place
And this wasn't bad
So a much better place
Would have to be special...
Cologne girl
Supporter
Supporter

Postby mi » Mon May 01, 2006 1:28 am

No wonder he hasn't been married yet. There's a picture of him with Stella in one of her fashion shows. Yoko is always quoated saying she loved Stella for being a good friend to Sean. AND to herself...kind of ironic isn't it?...
mi
Silver member
Silver member

Postby EddieV » Mon May 01, 2006 10:21 am

It is sad discussing this subject. If anyone should be mad it was Paul!
Now junior behave yourself
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to Paul as a Beatle