Beatle Paul's voice improvement

Discussions related to Paul as a Beatle.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Brains » Wed Oct 16, 2002 1:42 pm

The ooooooo's in MIA are falsetto. "the only woman who can EVER help me" is more impressive, but he doesn't sing that line with a clear voice: he shouts.

And in She's Leaving Home, the high notes are falsetto too, aren't they? Even I can do that [:o)].

I think the highest clear note Paul can reach is the first B above the middle C. I think he does that one in Band On The Run, if I remember correctly. Now Sting goes even higher...
Brains
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Steve-o » Wed Oct 16, 2002 1:55 pm

Brains---I'm not a musician or a singer. We were talking about Here Today and She's Leaving Home, mostly. There are many notes there that are NOT falsetto. "She's leaving home after living alone for so many years. "years" is a very high note, and it's not falsetto...some very high ones in "Here Today" as well. You guys will just have to wait and see. You will be amazed.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ram1 » Wed Oct 16, 2002 2:03 pm

Who cares what notes Paul can hit or if he sings falsetto or tenor or hits the "high B above the C below the D# just before the Db which comes beneath the F." The point his, Paul's voice his crystal clear and strong on this tour and he just SOARS on the high notes. It's really amazing and it will just blow you away.
Ram1

Postby megs » Thu Oct 17, 2002 4:30 pm

... oh u mean that note between the Eb and the G, or was it the one below the A# above the Db and around the F#[;)][:D]
megs
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ram1 » Thu Oct 17, 2002 5:27 pm

Thank you, Mr. Holland's Opus Megs. LOL
Ram1

Postby megs » Thu Oct 17, 2002 8:50 pm

ur welcome[:D]
megs
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Mike » Thu Oct 17, 2002 9:38 pm

He must have taken some extensive vocal training exercises. I am totally convinced he has been coached and trained for this tour. This time on Wings over the World and the last 2 world tours his voice showed a tremendous amount of strain, but now, just incredible, absolutely incredible.
Mike
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Postby scrodfish256 » Thu Oct 17, 2002 11:37 pm

he's had to have done some training bacause ones singing voice tends not to improve in ones 60's.
scrodfish256
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Ram1 » Fri Oct 18, 2002 10:05 am

Yeah, but voice training or not, you either naturally have it or you don't. I know first hand. I took voice classes for two separate semesters in college. No matter how much training some people got, they still couldn't sing worth a lick. So lessons or not, a good singer is a good singer.

Bottom line...Paul McCartney is just amazing.
Ram1

Postby Rundevilrun » Fri Oct 18, 2002 11:20 am

a normal man would have ruined his voice years ago singing music like paul does for a living... i don't know how he's done it, but he is amazing...seriously, who the hell can sing songs in the same key when they are 60?! i've just been arguing for arguing's sake for a while here. MIA is my favorite paul song and when he screams out those high notes, falsetto or not, it just gives me chills b/c i have to sing the song in a half-step lower than he does just to barely get it out...
Rundevilrun

PreviousNext

Return to Paul as a Beatle