Richie's Xmas album?

Discussions related to Ringo Starr as Beatle and his solo career.

Moderator: Mike

Richie's Xmas album?

Postby Aujouret » Sat Nov 16, 2002 6:16 am

Does anyone have My Richie's Xmas album?
Iwas thinking of getting it this year, but I wanted to hear some opinions on it.
Aujouret
Silver member
Silver member

Postby pugjazz » Thu Nov 21, 2002 11:18 pm

yeah i bought the ringo xmas CD "I wanna Be Santa Claus" Drummer boy alone is worth the price. He does lots of classics and some new songs he wrote. i mean it is ringo , so his songs are just ok, as well as the singing. but overall it's quite a charming little record - lots of fun. And what other Beatle would make the better Xmas guest? only ringo wants to be Santa claus.
pugjazz

Postby Ram1 » Fri Nov 22, 2002 9:08 am

quote: And what other Beatle would make the better Xmas guest? only ringo wants to be Santa claus.

HAHAHA!!

I think this will be a Ringoless Christmas for me. No offense Richie!!
Ram1

Postby Steve-o » Fri Nov 22, 2002 10:19 am

Yeah.[:D]..no Ringo for me either, unless I break down and find the "RINGO" album with the extra cuts on it.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Chris Speers » Sun Dec 08, 2002 3:23 am

Let's face facts - I love Ringo - I love the Ringo album and the thing he did in 1992 - and i have some very nice singles from Mr. Starkey. But - all of his other albums are an embarrassment - fact is that Ringo is a loveable cut-up and a great drummer and a great friend and a great man - but as a solo performer - he ranks slightly above Yoko on the "tolerable" scale. OK? I mean Lynda Carter albums and Kathy Lee Gifford cd's are better than some of the dreck Ringo puts out.

Seeing Ringo as a "prop" for Tom Petty videos was one of the most degrading things i've seen - I mean like Tom Petty is some kind of artistic genius - Ringo is a Beatle for Christ-sakes!
Chris Speers
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Press » Sun Feb 16, 2003 12:52 am

Hi Auj - this is my very 1st post & i was wondering if you ever bought this ? I thought it was a fun cd. It was produced by Mark Hudson , who brings out the Beatle in Ringo ! In fact i really enjoyed their teaming up on Vertical Man. Its great hearing George's slide guitar : & Paul backing up Ringo on " What in the World " . Of course thats on VM but the Xmas one is good too !
Press

Postby 2 of 3 » Tue Nov 25, 2003 10:48 pm

Ringo Starr takes crucial NORAD assignment

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (AP) — Santa Claus will be travelling to the beat of a different drum this Christmas — Ringo Starr's.

The former Beatle will be the honorary Santa tracker as the North American Air Defence Command follows his progress Christmas Eve on a website and on a toll-free phone number for children.

The website will feature some of Starr's Christmas music.

"Children will see amazing things. I'm privileged to be one of the Santa trackers," Starr said in a statement released Monday by the command.

NORAD, based at Peterson Air Force Base, is responsible for the air defence of North America. Tracking Santa has been a tradition at NORAD and its predecessor, the Continental Air Defence Command, for more than 45 years.
2 of 3
Supporter
Supporter

Return to RINGO