Ringo Interviewed by Ben Harper

Discussions related to Ringo Starr as Beatle and his solo career.

Moderator: Mike

Postby I am the Paulrus » Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:53 am

Watch it here:
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=28882398

As Ben Harper says in this exclusive MySpace Artist on Artist interview, rock legend Ringo Starr needs no introduction. The former Beatle met with the soulful singer on a rainy Los Angeles day to exchange gifts (Harper gave Starr a vintage snare drum), debunk urban legends (Starr recalled The Beatles' first meeting with Elvis), and simply share their love of great music and their desire to keep performing forever.

"As long as I can hold two bits of wood, I can play." - Ringo Starr
ImageImage
I am the Paulrus
Silver member
Silver member

Re: Ringo Interviewed by Ben Harper

Postby linclink » Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:07 am

It's a nice interview, but there is one odd akward moment where Ben, in total admiration, notes that Ringo played drums on "Imagine", and Ringo agrees that he did...except that he didn't!!! Hilarious and odd...was Ringo just being polite (but knowing that this would air at some point?- maybe he thought it would be edited out, but forgot about it)...or is Ringo a little foggy on the details...yes Ringo you were amazing on POB, but you are nowhere to be found on the whole "Imagine" album- that was Beatle George...Blessings!
Om Namah Shivaya !!!!
linclink
Silver member
Silver member

Location: Canandaigua, New York, USA, Earth, Cosmos of Light & Love

Postby mhnso » Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:08 am

linclink wrote:It's a nice interview, but there is one odd akward moment where Ben, in total admiration, notes that Ringo played drums on "Imagine", and Ringo agrees that he did...except that he didn't!!! Hilarious and odd...was Ringo just being polite (but knowing that this would air at some point?- maybe he thought it would be edited out, but forgot about it)...or is Ringo a little foggy on the details...yes Ringo you were amazing on POB, but you are nowhere to be found on the whole "Imagine" album- that was Beatle George...Blessings!

Ringo certainely played the drums on How do You sleep
mhnso
Silver member
Silver member

Postby linclink » Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:08 pm

No, actually he didn't play on "How Do You Sleep". He didn't play on the "Imagine" album at all, not one song. He played on all of POB by John, and lots of ATMP by George in those early years...parts of George's LITMW as well...but "Imagine" the song was Alan White on drums, and he's on lots of the rest of the album with perennial favorites Jim Keltner and Jim Gordon taking the other drum parts. Klaus Voorman, Ringo's partner in the POB rhythm section is all over the album. George Harrison is on half the album, including: "How Do You Sleep", "Oh My Love", Gimme Some Truth", "I Don't Wanna Be A Soldier (I Don't Wanna Die)", and "Crippled Inside". Blessings
Om Namah Shivaya !!!!
linclink
Silver member
Silver member

Location: Canandaigua, New York, USA, Earth, Cosmos of Light & Love

Postby Harrythebannister » Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:51 pm

Have to agree with linclink on this one. Alan White played drums on Imagine and George appeared here & there but no Ringo......unless Ringo knows something we don't!

Great clip thanks!! :)
Man I could smell your breath a mile away.
Harrythebannister
Supporter
Supporter

Postby chris » Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:33 pm

always been a a fan of ben harper...i would prefer that he achieves his popularity because of his music abilities, of which he is a most skilled musician and singer...but if he wants to interview former beatles...so be it.
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby james1985 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:43 am

who is Ben Harper? worth checking out?
May sweet memories of friends from the past
Always comes to you, when you look for them
james1985
Supporter
Supporter

Postby chris » Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:17 pm

he's sort of this eclectic soul singer. one of his last albums "diamonds on the inside" featured styles such as reggae, straight ahead rock and roll, folk, gospel, heavy metal, blues, jazz, soul, african world music, and funk. he just might be the best acoustic guitar player alive. been around for ages (i love it when i can see a musician perform in the tiny clubs). he's playing large arenas now...to an incredibly loyal fan base.
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Return to RINGO