should leonard cohen be in hall of fame before ringo?

Discussions related to Ringo Starr as Beatle and his solo career.

Moderator: Mike

Re: should leonard cohen be in hall of fame before ringo?

Postby Scott Dossett » Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:37 pm

RickStark79 wrote:
Scott Dossett wrote:
RickStark79 wrote:p.s. I do feel that Ringo should be inducted for the simple reason that many many of today's famouse drummers have said that Ringo was a major influence on them deciding to be a drummer...In fact, I've heard many say that he was the first drummer that anyone knew the name of...I know...you're not supposed to end a sentence with a preposition :roll:

Right, but this is because he was in the Beatles, which of course, he's already inducted. Ringo's solo career deserves ZERO consideration as a potential second time inductee. He's got a handful of solo hits, but come on.

I totally understand your point but as I said...I tend to lower my criteria when I see some of the names on the list of inductees...I agree that Ringo would be hard pressed to come up with just one greates hits CD that warrants induction but I do think he is one of the greatest drummers of all time...with The Beatles and as a solo artist...plus, there are plenty of inductees that just play instruments...Your point is well taken by me Rick.
Tomorrow Never Knows
Scott Dossett

Re: should leonard cohen be in hall of fame before ringo?

Postby maccamania102 » Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:39 am

If we are citing Ringo as being a great drummer as the point that he should be inducted, he is in the drummers hall of fame and that's where he belongs.
maccamania102

Previous

Return to RINGO