Ringo's new album

Discussions related to Ringo Starr as Beatle and his solo career.

Moderator: Mike

Postby TheBeatles1988 » Mon Sep 20, 2004 1:22 pm

Bluebird wrote:I think topics like this should be deleted, when it´s not relevant anymore.

Mmmmm... What posts do you mean the post other people post, are the ones I post?? :?
Click here veiw my website

http://www.freewebs.com/thebeatles1988/
TheBeatles1988
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Bluebird » Mon Sep 20, 2004 1:52 pm

Case closed
You must appreciate the day...
Bluebird
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby dsnito » Mon Sep 20, 2004 2:05 pm

TheBeatles1988 wrote:
Bluebird wrote:I think topics like this should be deleted, when it´s not relevant anymore.

Mmmmm... What posts do you mean the post other people post, are the ones I post?? :?

Oh, Lord... :roll:
Life Is Very Short And There's No Time For Fussing And Fighting, My Friend...
Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Bluebird » Mon Sep 20, 2004 2:09 pm

dsnito wrote:
TheBeatles1988 wrote:

This sentence talks for itself :roll: :shock:
You must appreciate the day...
Bluebird
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby TheBeatles1988 » Mon Sep 20, 2004 2:54 pm

Bluebird wrote:
dsnito wrote:
TheBeatles1988 wrote:

This sentence talks for itself :roll: :shock:

Alright :roll:
Click here veiw my website

http://www.freewebs.com/thebeatles1988/
TheBeatles1988
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Lazarus_2 » Sun Mar 06, 2005 4:01 pm

I'm a Ringo fan~
I bought Vertical Man and was thoroughly impressed.
I've heard RingoRama, and was very impressed.

I can't wait for his next album "choose love" to be released in June!

Yep, i know this cause i'm one of the Ringo fans who actually visits the website on-and-off to see if he's got a new video up(he does quicktime video updates on a regular-semi regular basis depending on how many clicks his videos get).

I wonder why PAul doesen't do video updates on his website?
Ringo seems to be mabye the only artist who does it(yep, this makes Ringo more hip and cooler than any other artist on the planet who've failed to truly catch the internet bug).
youtube.com/kinnarchimedes
Lazarus_2
Silver member
Silver member

Postby kylestyle » Fri Jun 17, 2005 4:18 am

Well I got a leak of the new Ringo album last week (Choose Love). I think it actually sounds really really good.

It's actually very Beatles. It actually rocks. There's a sense of fun in the recordings. The songs actually have "teeth" and are quite melodic and the production style is reminiscent of what The Beatles would do. I think of it as if Ringo really had a true shot to seriously be a songwriting / vocal force in The Beatles, this would be the material he would provide.

I don't think there are any songs that are up to the level of Photograph or It Don't Come Easy, but some of them (in my opinion) surpass Don't Pass Me By and Octopus's Garden. They kinda hold that middle ground. This is Ringo's Flaming Pie.

Don't Hang Up is my favourite song. That one is VERY cool. It's a must-listen.

I love it in the title track (Choose Love) when he sings "the long and winding road is more than a song / tomorrow never knows what goes on" and on the tomorrow never knows part, he sounds like John being flanged to oblivion thru a Leslie speaker... it's actually a really ambitious album, and is by far, the best Ringo album I've ever heard. Mind you, the only other ones I had were Ringo the 4th and Ringo's Rotogravure. How come he's waited til 2005 to rock this hard and return to his roots like this?
I needed comfort of love just to get me some piece of mind.. wo-oh
kylestyle
Gold member :)

Postby Steve-o » Fri Jun 17, 2005 7:22 am

I love Ringo and I hate to be a naysayer here, but I find Ringo's constant quoting of Lennon-McCartney lyrics within his own songs to be really annoying. It just sounds contrived, when it's probably just old Ringo trying to write a song...still..it's weak.
How Come No One Older Than Me Ever Seems To Understand The Things I Wanna To Do?
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby kylestyle » Fri Jun 17, 2005 7:49 am

To me, it's just like 'Ringo-just-being-good-ole-Ringo'. Harmless, good-natured fun. I remember when George's Cloud 9 came out, I was initially annoyed with "When We Was Fab", especially when he sang that 'take you away' line, like a nod to the Magical Mystery Tour hook. Harking back to those old times. Then I thought well hey it's his right to allude to his history, and I got over it. But back then it felt like a cheap cash-in on trying to be all psychedelic and nostalgic.

There's actually a lot of psychedelic stuff going on with this new Ringo album. There's backwards tapes, you've got phone calls interrupting songs, and there's dashes of searing lead guitars circa I'm Down 1965, it's an interesting mix. I feel this is Ringo declaring 'this is what I loved best about The Beatles' - so if he's (cheaply) quoting Paul and John, it's like throwing down that extra dob of paint on the canvas to create the required effect. He wants to get the point across that he still loves The Beatles.

Regarding the quoting of songs in lyrics, Steve-o- this is somewhat off-topic, but I have a friend who said to me "I like that song by The Beatles - All You Need Is Love - but I can't stand them singing She Loves You Yeah Yeah Yeah at the end of the song". Maybe listening to some of these Ringo lyrics would bring on a similar reaction.
kylestyle

Postby kylestyle » Fri Jun 17, 2005 9:39 am

Oh heck...it's finally appeared what this album reminds me of...

.....the RUTLES album!!!!

I know....but I actually like the songs on the Rutles album. Is that a good thing or a bad thing? :?
kylestyle

PreviousNext

Return to RINGO