Ringo was the only Beatle that wouldnt "fight"

Discussions related to Ringo Starr as Beatle and his solo career.

Moderator: Mike

Ringo was the only Beatle that wouldnt "fight"

Postby DeRick » Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:18 am

I dont know if i ever brought this up, but ive been reading alot of posts on here about the very heated arguments between all Beatles except Ringo. Ive read one post on how Paul angered John bout Yoko and the Apple shares or something, George angered John about some remark about Yoko giving "bad vibes". John & George angered Paul about signing with Allen Klien, Ringo just went along with the majority. Ofcourse ive read somewhere they used poor Ringo to talk to Paul about it, and Paul got mad at him, Paul just wasn't in a good mood at that time. Ringo was the only one of John's 3 Beatle mates who didn't have any annimosity toward Yoko (or at least didn't show it out of respect for John) according to one of John's interviews.
Ringo just wouldn't fight. :salute
Last edited by DeRick on Sat Sep 15, 2007 7:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DeRick

Re: Ringo was the only Beatle hat wouldnt "fight"

Postby Scott Dossett » Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:19 am

DeRick wrote:I dont know if i ever brought this up, but ive been reading alot of posts on here about the very heated arguments between all Beatles except Ringo. Ive read oe post on how Paul angered John bout Yoko and the Apple shares or something, George angered John about some remark about Yoko giving "bad vibes". John & George angered Paul about signing with Allen Klien, Ringo just went along with the majority. Ofcourse ive read somewhere they used poor Ringo to talk to Paul about it, and Paul got mad at him, Paul just wasn't in a good mood at that time. Ringo was the only one of John's 3 Beatle mates who didn't have any annimosity toward Yoko (or at least didn't show it out of respect for John) according to one of John's interviews.
Ringo just wouldn't fight. :salute

Haven't you noticed that almost, if not every time you see Ringo in photographs or live film...he will instinctly flash the Peace sign...Peace ??? Dang great idea. :mrgreen:
Tomorrow Never Knows
Scott Dossett

Postby mervap » Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:46 pm

Ringo just wouldn't fight.

Isn't Ringo also the only ex-beatle to have played on all 3 of the other's solo albums? This is a good reason why.
If love is blind, how will it ever find a way?
mervap
Supporter
Supporter

Postby chris » Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:40 pm

i would like to add to this...

that ringo was smarter than many give him credit for...

sure, he was a talented drummer, and he had the immense good fortune to have been paired up with not only two of the greatest songwriters who ever lived, but a darned great songwriter in george as well...

lets face it, he was a star because of his bandmates, yes?

he knew where his meal ticket was, i think.

what would he do? refuse to appear on a john or paul album, because of his artistic integrity? thats crazy. any solo albums he had a chance to appear on would only enhance his reputation...his connections...his career.

ringo was as fortunate as any musician in the last century. he played his cards right, and he made a career out of being the fun loving, happy go lucky drummer, happy to oblige in whatever his bandmates wanted.

i don't think its that ringo would not fight (he was human, you know he got aggravated like anyone else)...i would suggest that he was too smart to fight.
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Return to RINGO