RS tempted to drum for Wings

Discussions related to Ringo Starr as Beatle and his solo career.

Moderator: Mike

RS tempted to drum for Wings

Postby DeRick » Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:41 am

For 1 moment (if its at all possable) forget they (Paul & Ringo) were Beatles together. With the ever changing line-up of Wings'drummers: Denny Seiwell leaving and then Goeff Britton, Joe English & Steve Holly, was Paul or Ringo ever tempted to let Ringo join, or were the Beatles so big that if just 2 of them were in the same but DIFFERANT band, would it in a way give diehard Beatle fans in the 70's "false hope"? Ringo could've still done solo albums on the side.
Everytime i hear "Six-O-Clock", i ask myself that. I think he'd fit in quite well with Wings.
DeRick

Re: RS tempted to drum for Wings

Postby RickStark79 » Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:44 am

I don't think Ringo would've added any more or any less than Joe English, Seiwell or Holly. I for one would like Must Do Something About It a whole lot less if Ringo had sung it! :shock:
No one understaaaaands...
RickStark79
Supporter
Supporter

Postby jgkojak » Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:57 am

Actually- Must Do Something ABout It woulda made a GREAT Ringo song.

But...

There is no way the two of them coulda been in a band and not had it be a big deal. I think it would have been more likely for someone like Steve Miller to be Wings lead guitarist.

And all of Wings drummers were pretty good and interestingly each had an interesting style:

Seiwell had a laid back almost jazzy approach (Charlie Watts) that really put an interesting groove on especially the uptempo numbers.

Joe English was probably the "best", most competent drummer but was also the most conventional.

Steve Holly was a better loud rock drummer than his predecessors and than RIngo.
Everyone's talkin' 'bout the President
We all chip in for a bag of cement
jgkojak
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Mini » Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:35 am

you forgot Geoff Britton
Mini

Postby bobrocks » Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:17 pm

DeRick wrote:For 1 moment (if its at all possable) forget they (Paul & Ringo) were Beatles together.

Paul and Ringo were in the Beatles together?!?...oh right, I forgot for a moment. :lol:
bobrocks

Return to RINGO