Besides collectors is anyone really interested in Photograph

Discussions related to Ringo Starr as Beatle and his solo career.

Moderator: Mike

Besides collectors is anyone really interested in Photograph

Postby cleptosid » Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:33 am

As I stated in an earlier post I ran into a few people also searching the CD bins at our local FYE store for Photograph and after a brief conversation we found that we were all collectors. I can't see anyone under the age of 45 or so seriously interested in this collection of tunes. Don't get me wrong I love Ringo and this is not to bash him or the release of Photograph but, I do not see this selling at all. One thing I've always been against is the repackaging of hits. For instance Lennon Shaved Fish, John Lennon Collection, Lennon Legend, Working Class Hero. each one just has a few more tunes but still the same ole', same ole'. How many times can you package Imagine or Uncle Albert, etc. etc.. There are new mixes and other things like that but it's still the same songs. It's different with things like The Beatles Capitol Albums because those albums were never released on CD and I like many others who grew up in the USA in the 60's were accustomed to listening to the fab 4 in that manner so of course when available we will purchase them. I listened to Photograph just to make sure that the CD was not damaged in any way but I have everyone of those songs on my I tunes or Media player so it was not like I was anxiously waiting to hear these songs again. The Videos were great. Not that well made but nice to see something i have never seen before.
Every morning brings a new day
cleptosid

Re: Besides collectors is anyone really interested in Photograph

Postby Scott Dossett » Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:46 am

I'm sure I'll get it because I don't have hardly any of it and what I have is on LP which ain't flying nowadays...Got a "birfday" coming up in 33 days so that may be my gift to me :mrgreen:
Tomorrow Never Knows
Scott Dossett

Postby residentofusa » Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:13 am

I simply downloaded "Act Naturally" off iTunes as well as "Wrack My Brain" from an album that I otherwise would have had to shell out 60 dollars to buy.
residentofusa

Postby RickStark79 » Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:26 am

It's not gonna be a huge seller, no. But Ringo did have some pretty big hits, so if some 18 year old kid hears You're Sixteen or It Don't Come Easy on the radio and wants to buy them, he'll buy this compilation.
No one understaaaaands...
RickStark79
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Harrythebannister » Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:27 am

Some of it I didn't have on CD but basically I bought it for the Vids!
Man I could smell your breath a mile away.
Harrythebannister
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Paulo » Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:16 am

I bought it just because of the videos, I had the songs already, and, most of all, I bought it because I think we should love Ringo more!
Paulo
Supporter
Supporter

Return to RINGO