Sign the "Sir Ringo" petition

Discussions related to Ringo Starr as Beatle and his solo career.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Harrythebannister » Sat Jul 07, 2007 2:09 pm

If he wants it give it to him. He was part of the biggest money spinning machine in popular music!!!
Harrythebannister
Supporter
Supporter

Postby michaelk » Sat Jul 07, 2007 4:14 pm

He deserves it for his work on 'Thomas the Tank Engine' alone. We've now had 2.5 generations of children made literate through singalongs such as the classic

'He's always up to mischief, that cheeky little train
He chugga chugga chuff chuffs everywhere
He's always playing games
The Fat Controller scolds him, but loves him just the same
Our favorite little engine
Thomas is his name'

OK, i know Ringo didn't write those words or any of the other classics in the series whose words are known by heart to checkout girls, lawyers and the most hardened of today's violent criminals alike. Let's face it, Ringo is a hero and deserves the Nobel Peace Prize as well for his preserving of the V sign right up to the present day.

And where would modern day bands like Oasis be without his sperm? That Zak Starkey is the closet thing to Keith Moon since...erm...those other blokes that sounded quite like him.
Plus he married an absolute babe. Many knighthoods have been awarded for much less like that man who got it because he saved a couple of ducks from drowning and members of the army who get it for just doing their job.

But what about the Ringo For President campaign in the States? That's been running for over forty years now and look how different the world would have been if you yanks had got off your goddamn butts and got Ringo in over Nixon.
michaelk
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Harrythebannister » Sat Jul 07, 2007 4:43 pm

What concerns me Mikey is that you actually know the words!! :wink:
Harrythebannister
Supporter
Supporter

Postby michaelk » Sat Jul 07, 2007 4:54 pm

Well I admit I did have to consult my 'Thomas The Tank Engine' annual from 1984 for those. But I can't find my 'Rupert and the Frog Song' lunchbox at the moment.
michaelk
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby james1985 » Sat Jul 07, 2007 7:23 pm

tristanjblythe wrote:Considering Ringo called her "the damn queen" on the Ringo Rama bonus DVD

I don''t think she's got Ringo Rama. Charles bought it, but he only had the standard edition, so no DVD :wink:
May sweet memories of friends from the past
Always comes to you, when you look for them
james1985
Supporter
Supporter

Previous

Return to RINGO