Sign the "Sir Ringo" petition

Discussions related to Ringo Starr as Beatle and his solo career.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Rene » Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:43 pm

Genuine_Indian_Guru wrote:Give it to him...on the condition that he never does a Time/Life Music infomercial ever, ever again!

Love ya Ringo! :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

If I could, I would sign it in a heartbeat. :D
"If someone thinks that love and peace is a cliche that must have been left behind in the Sixties, that's his problem. Love and peace are eternal." John Lennon

http://www.myspace.com/amazedrene
Rene
Supporter
Supporter

Postby anthurium » Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:01 am

all of them 4 should have yet get it!!!
anthurium

Postby Scott Dossett » Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:37 pm

They all four deserve it...PERIOD ! :salute

The Beatles did more for England than any one entity that I can think of. Certainly more than The Rolling Stones and Mick Jagger... :roll:

Since my family can be traced back to Dorset County "IN" England during the 1500's, why can't I vote for Ringo ? I'm basically English...only removed from the area...Anyway, I hereby protest not being able to vote for Ringo, George AND John for their deserved Knighthood.

Take that Tony Blair 8)
Scott Dossett

Postby james1985 » Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:59 pm

Scott Dossett wrote:Since my family can be traced back to Dorset County "IN" England during the 1500's, why can't I vote for Ringo ? I'm basically English...only removed from the area

:lol:
May sweet memories of friends from the past
Always comes to you, when you look for them
james1985
Supporter
Supporter

Postby chris » Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:11 pm

james1985 wrote:
Scott Dossett wrote:Since my family can be traced back to Dorset County "IN" England during the 1500's, why can't I vote for Ringo ? I'm basically English...only removed from the area

hey, scott...you have me convinced. matter of fact, i'm going to vote for you to get one too
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Scott Dossett » Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:25 am

chris wrote:
james1985 wrote:

hey, scott...you have me convinced. matter of fact, i'm going to vote for you to get one too

Sir Scott...That does have a nice ring to it :lol:
Scott Dossett

Postby EddieV » Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:10 pm

james1985 wrote:He deserves it. He's more important to 20th century cultutre than Mick Jagger, who is a knight of the realm. Give the man the gong!

Plus, he deserves it for the new, LOVE, version of Octopus' Garden 8)

AHHHHH, don´t think so. Sorry , James
Now junior behave yourself
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter

Postby james1985 » Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:57 pm

EddieV wrote:
james1985 wrote:He deserves it. He's more important to 20th century cultutre than Mick Jagger, who is a knight of the realm. Give the man the gong!

Plus, he deserves it for the new, LOVE, version of Octopus' Garden 8)

AHHHHH, don´t think so. Sorry , James

I would think, worldwide, that more people know who Ringo Starr is and what he did than know who Mick Jagger is???
May sweet memories of friends from the past
Always comes to you, when you look for them
james1985
Supporter
Supporter

Postby chris » Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:17 pm

james, i'm going to respectfully disagree with you here. mick jagger is half of what many consider to be the second best song writing team in rock history. he fills out 90,000 seat arenas. he is still considered one of the greatest rock stars of all time. even if you are not a fan (as i'm sure there are those out there that do not like paulie) you have to respect his iconic status as rock and roll royalty.

ringo, has achieved much. and (along with keith moon) is still one of my favorite drummers. but i'm not sure i would elevate ringo's status quite as high as mick's.
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby tristanjblythe » Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:59 pm

Considering Ringo called her "the damn queen" on the Ringo Rama bonus DVD and had to put the cynical verse into Elizabeth Reigns before he'd record it I don't think he'd want it. As a Brit and republican (note small r so I don't mean I support that ****k***w***ing idiot B*ush) I don't think it's something worth having either...but hey if we have to have it nobody living deserves it more than Paul and Ringo..not even Mr Rushdie!
tristanjblythe

PreviousNext

Return to RINGO