Ringo's all-star band

Discussions related to Ringo Starr as Beatle and his solo career.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Aujouret » Fri Sep 20, 2002 4:48 am

I tried to go see Ringo last year, but he got flu.
I think he may be touring next year, but I'll have to wait and see I guess.
I'd love to see him.
Yellow Submarine is timeless. So is dear Carl Perkins' "Honey Don't", which is a great song. These things are always personal choices, but I don't have to defend any Beatles song like Yellow Submarine because it is brilliant.
Personally I would love to see Ringo in a smaller venue, much more intimate and I could see him well.
Ringo is family- just as all the Beatles are.
He is the greatest rock and roll drummer of all time and nobody plays like him. He is an original- just like the Beatles themselves. Sometimes when I'm listening to Beatles songs, I'll get sidetracked listening to his amazing fills and that rock solid back beat and I'm just lost in a Ringo cloud.
I cherish him.
Perhaps that's not such a bad idea. How blessed we are to still be able to love and cherish him. He's not gone like John and George.
Aujouret
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Liam OSM » Fri Sep 20, 2002 5:48 am

quote:Originally posted by stevew628
Was this "Shining Time Station"?

No wonder I was confused! I've never seen that!

But Ringo DID NARRATE Thomas The Tank Engine. And Michael Angelis took over from him there when Ringo gave it up - for the record.
Liam OSM
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Postby Ram1 » Fri Sep 20, 2002 10:06 am

quote:He is the greatest rock and roll drummer of all time and nobody plays like him.

I think Ringo was delusional when he made that claim. LOL. Maybe he hadn't met John Bonham or Mitch Mitchell yet. LOL. Ok, that was mean. But seriously, I've said many times on here that Ringo is an underrated drummer. His fills and strong backbeats are definitely one-of-a-kind and classic.

quote: How blessed we are to still be able to love and cherish him. He's not gone like John and George.

Here! Here! Very true.
Ram1

Postby dsnito » Fri Sep 20, 2002 10:16 am

Ram - as I ever think Ringo is not a "perfect" or "brillant" or even "virtuose" but he's the most EFFICIENT drummer I know and he knows well how to conduce a rythm with his beats.

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Ram1 » Fri Sep 20, 2002 10:24 am

I agree with you, Nito. Seriously. But any claims that Ringo Starr is the best drummer in the world are preposterous. Let's get real here, folks.
Ram1

Postby Steve-o » Fri Sep 20, 2002 11:28 am

Well said, NITO and Ram...Agreed. He's efficient and his fills were wonderful. But dare I say that Abe puts him to shame. [:D]
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ram1 » Fri Sep 20, 2002 11:32 am

As in Abraham Laboriel, Jr.? THE BEST DRUMMER THAT MACCA HAS EVER HAD?? I think I will have to agree, SIR! [:D]

I still say there's no way Abe is veggie.....LOL
Ram1

Postby Steve-o » Fri Sep 20, 2002 11:35 am

HAHA. ABe has had his share of big mac attacks, as well as BIG MACCA attacks, I'm sure. The guy has to be on cloud nine playing with Paul. And he sure can pound 'em (the skins AND the big macs,lol)
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Chris Speers » Fri Sep 20, 2002 9:01 pm

We luv Abe and this roly poly - sort of Oliver Hardy kind of charm. But, Joe English vs ABE is a close one. I'd have to really ponder that. What do you think?

Before you answer, listen to the fills on Jet on WOA[^]

and check out Joe's facial expressions and hippies like movement on the drums before you answer. [8D] Although, Abe makes a face so crunched with passion and focus [xx(]- one wonder if he is sitting on a toilet seat not a drum riser...[V].I bet he makes that same look after that bucket of fried chicken hits his small intestines and major colon!
[^]
ABE VS JOE! [;)]
Chris Speers
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Ram1 » Fri Sep 20, 2002 9:41 pm

Gotta admit, you made me choke with that post, Chris. English was great. But Abe is a BEAST!!
Ram1

PreviousNext

Return to RINGO