2006 All Starr Band Tour - "Number 9"

Discussions related to Ringo Starr as Beatle and his solo career.

Moderator: Mike

Postby JBo_110 » Fri Mar 24, 2006 7:55 pm

theDingle wrote:I think Never Without You is one of Ringo's all-time better songs, great guitar.

Two syllables: Clap ton. :)

I plan on making either Detroit or Chicago (same distance to either).

I do agree that it's kind of sad that Ringo doesn't have the same star draw power that Paul has ... but Ringo was never the prolific artist post-Beatles.

And I think he's content with that.

While we may see it as disappointing that Ringo isn't as huge as Paul, I don't think Ringo is overly worried about it. I think the most Ringo cares about is playing some good music and putting on a good show. I don't think he's concerned about being breakthrough or hugely popular.

Besides...if Ringo were truly concerned about being as popular as Paul, would he have such cheesy video updates on his website. :D

I'm also amused how the press release on the tour references his website, which has yet to be updated about the tour.
JBo_110

Postby Cologne girl » Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:12 pm

I agree with JBo_110 - I suppose Ringo never really aspired to super-stardom, which in a way is great because he seems to have a more relaxed view on many things and is probably quite pleasant company. He does seem to be out to have fun doing what he knows how to do best - MUSIC. Of the Fab Four, only Ringo is capable of laughing at himself the way he does when, for instance, he comments on his first "song(re)writing" efforts on "Anthology". Of course, this personality of his also helped him get on nicely with all of the other three, however different they were and however much at each other's throats.

On the other hand, it must be his lack of ambition which accounts not only for these videos (haven't seen them - sorry), but lots of his solo stuff in general. It's playful self-indulgence, but not meant to please or even sell. In a way, Ringo was and is unique in the music business :)
It's the start of a journey
To a much better place
And this wasn't bad
So a much better place
Would have to be special...
Cologne girl
Supporter
Supporter

Postby EddieV » Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:01 am

i agree pretty weak line-up. Bur Edwar Winter is a pretty good guitarist.
Now junior behave yourself
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter

Postby EddieV » Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:01 am

i agree pretty weak line-up. But Edwar Winter is a pretty good guitarist.
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter

Postby maccastheman » Sun Mar 26, 2006 2:48 pm

I wonder why Ringo never tours Europe any more??? (Or anywhere else outside the U.S. and Canada) I guess he's just so used to being here by now. (Sort of like how John Lennon got so comforatable being in New York) I do wish he would tour other parts of the world.
And in the end...
maccastheman
Supporter
Supporter

Ringo's All Starr Line-up

Postby Beatlegirl61 » Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:50 am

:D

I'll be there in AC for sure...hey, for me...seeing two Beatles live in one life-time...well
(saw Paul in September of 2005)
I suppose I'll see the others when I reach the other side...

Would be nice to see an appearance by Paul there, but it'll never happen!

Looking forward to seeing Ringo...They say he's drumming better than ever since the surgery and I really dig Edgar Winter as well...

"You can radiate everything you are..." :idea:
Beatlegirl61
Supporter
Supporter

Postby EddieV » Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:12 pm

maccastheman wrote:I wonder why Ringo never tours Europe any more??? (Or anywhere else outside the U.S. and Canada) I guess he's just so used to being here by now. (Sort of like how John Lennon got so comforatable being in New York) I do wish he would tour other parts of the world.

I think he gets more money in the States. I would like to see him as well here in Europe
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter

Ringo at CassinoRama

Postby Dizzie Miss Lizzie » Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:20 am

I hear Ringo will be at Rama, very close to my Ontario home, June 14 and 15/06. We cannot find any tickets for sale...yet.....or are they gone????? We are leaving this province for good later in June, (our house just sold last night) and I would love to see him this close to home. Wouldn't it be great if he sang "Elizabeth Reigns"?... I was born 2 days after Elizabeth was crowned,lol.

Dizzy Miss lizzy
Dizzie Miss Lizzie
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Mike » Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:59 am

Glad to see you got your house sold. Remeber I told you we were going to get Lawrence MACCA to perform at our anual Ethnic Day, well the commitee asked if I would perform along with a friend of mine, doing McCartney, Beatle songs of course. Mull of Kintyre is a must to do in front of this crowd. Let me know if you will be around at all, it would be great to have your pipes accompanying us.
Mike
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

summer 06

Postby Dizzie Miss Lizzie » Thu Apr 13, 2006 3:27 pm

Hello Mike,
I have been off school with laryngitis, so I have very little to SAY (so hard for me) but I have enjoyed MACCAcentral radio full blast as I have been cleaning and polishing the house!!!!!!!!!!
Anyway, the house sold for our asking price so we are not fooling around with dates, they want the house JUNE 30 (last day of school!!!!!!!!!!) So we are going to Nova Scotia immediately as the school door closes. HOWEVER, this may be good, because we will be back at our Ontario cottage for August and September!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My dream has been to stay at the cottage through Labour Day Weekend and not be rushing into into town for school,lol. Sooooooooooooo, is the Port Colborne cultural fest AFTER JUlY???????????????? We will be back in Ontario then!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And do you know anything about Ringo Rama tickets? With retiring, moving away, AND my birthday in June, I GOTTA go to see him.

Dizzy Miss Lizzy

Mike wrote:Glad to see you got your house sold. Remeber I told you we were going to get Lawrence MACCA to perform at our anual Ethnic Day, well the commitee asked if I would perform along with a friend of mine, doing McCartney, Beatle songs of course. Mull of Kintyre is a must to do in front of this crowd. Let me know if you will be around at all, it would be great to have your pipes accompanying us.
Dizzie Miss Lizzie
Supporter
Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to RINGO