Ringo, "The 4th"

Discussions related to Ringo Starr as Beatle and his solo career.

Moderator: Mike

Postby dsnito » Mon Sep 02, 2002 11:46 am

When did he do this?? Of Barbara?? I don't know about this!!

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby dsnito » Mon Sep 02, 2002 11:51 am

quote:Originally posted by stevew628
I bought it when it came out. Not nearly up to the "Ringo" LP standard. Someday I'm going to get a turntable again. I would like to hear some of this stuff once in a while, but not enough to try and find CD versions.[:D][:D]

Steve - I think you should get "Ringo" at least on CD version that brings "It Don't Come Easy", "Back Off Boogaloo" and another version Of Macca's "Six O'Clock" as bonus track. And I reckon that album as a little masterpiece just for the presence of his Lads.[;)]

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Macca4eva » Tue Sep 03, 2002 11:03 am

quote:Originally posted by scrodfish256
good thing he laid off the liquer. He kicked the hell out of his woman. [B)]

Oh no! You've got to be kidding, when did this happen?
Macca4eva

Postby Steve-o » Tue Sep 03, 2002 11:45 am

quote:Originally posted by dsnito
quote:Originally posted by stevew628
I bought it when it came out. Not nearly up to the "Ringo" LP standard. Someday I'm going to get a turntable again. I would like to hear some of this stuff once in a while, but not enough to try and find CD versions.[:D][:D]

Steve - I think you should get "Ringo" at least on CD version that brings "It Don't Come Easy", "Back Off Boogaloo" and another version Of Macca's "Six O'Clock" as bonus track. And I reckon that album as a little masterpiece just for the presence of his Lads.[;)]

Peace.

Nito--thanks for the tip..been looking for IDCE and BOB for years on CD. Thanks, Man
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby dsnito » Tue Sep 03, 2002 2:47 pm

Peace.
[/quote]

Nito--thanks for the tip..been looking for IDCE and BOB for years on CD. Thanks, Man

[/quote]
Oh, you're welcome fellow!! Yeah, just look for "Ringo" album that I'm sure is in print in USA, and you'll find those songs, and I have to say that I was wrong when mentioned about "Six O'Clock" version that's included on "Goodnight Vienna" album as a bonus track.
You'll find "Early 1970" and "Down and Out" as bonus on "Ringo" if I'm not mistaken. Good luck on your search!

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby jet » Wed Sep 04, 2002 5:37 pm

When did he do this?? Of Barbara?? I don't know about this!!
Peace.
Towards the end of 1988 Dsnito. At least this was the point when both Ringo and Barbara received help for their alcoholism. Luckily, they both pulled through much to my relief.
jet

Postby scrodfish256 » Thu Sep 05, 2002 8:07 pm

I was watching an interview with ringo. He said that he had to quit drinking because he woke up one morning and his wife was lying on the floor unconcious and bloody. Appearently he beat her up so bad that he almost killed her. He was so wasted that he didn't even remember doing it. It was sometime in the eightes. I seen it a while ago.
scrodfish256
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Steve-o » Thu Sep 05, 2002 10:57 pm

That's disgusting, Scrod. I didn't know that. Good thing he got out of that spiral.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Liam OSM » Fri Sep 06, 2002 8:41 am

I think you should get "Ringo" at least on CD version that brings "It Don't Come Easy", "Back Off Boogaloo" and another version Of Macca's "Six O'Clock" as bonus track. And I reckon that album as a little masterpiece just for the presence of his Lads.[;)]

Well, I've seen it around as an import in HMV in Meadowhall shopping centre, which is up in Sheffield, so I'm crossing my fingers that when I'm next up in Sheffield (I'm currently down in Bath), I am hoping it will still be there, so I can get it . . .
Liam OSM
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Postby dsnito » Fri Sep 06, 2002 11:03 am

quote:Originally posted by scrodfish256
I was watching an interview with ringo. He said that he had to quit drinking because he woke up one morning and his wife was lying on the floor unconcious and bloody. Appearently he beat her up so bad that he almost killed her. He was so wasted that he didn't even remember doing it. It was sometime in the eightes. I seen it a while ago.

Scrod - I´m shocked knowing that, I never heard about that!!! I knew about his alcoholism but not at that point!! He´s a so good-natured guy, and only with alcohol in his head he could do such things!! Well, any inveterade alcoholic can do incredible things thinking better!!! Alcohol´s curse is terrible anyway!!!

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

PreviousNext

Return to RINGO