Ringo, "The 4th"

Discussions related to Ringo Starr as Beatle and his solo career.

Moderator: Mike

Postby dsnito » Mon Sep 30, 2002 6:32 pm

I also wanna know who was the chick with stockings that Ringo was carrying on his shoulders on the "4th"'s cover...Well, I think nobody knows 'cos she was totally anonymus... her face doesn't appear on the photo!!! LOL[:D]

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Steve-o » Mon Sep 30, 2002 11:17 pm

I think it was YOKO. NOT! [:D]
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby dsnito » Tue Oct 01, 2002 9:59 am

quote:Originally posted by stevew628
I think it was YOKO. NOT! [:D]

Hahaha Steve, definetely NOT, Yoko hadn't such beautiful legs...!!LOL[:D]
And John was a "Jealous Guy" and if was Yoko would beat Ringo and would tell her "you better RUN FOR YOU LIFE"!!!LOL[:D]

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Berkeleyan » Tue Feb 03, 2004 11:38 am

Back on the topic: I think "Ringo the Fourth" is very underrated.
C'mon, critics - the tunes are melodic and at least decent, all of them. Not one stinker ! Further, the musicians involved are first rate (Tony Levin on bass, Steve Gadd as a second drummer, Randy Brecker on horns, excellent guitar work by Dave Spinozza [he played on Ram & Mind Games], etc.). Their musicianship is excellent, Ringo's drumming can be clearly separated from Gadd's drummind and they're both excellent. Moreover, The production is really good (by Arif Mardin), the cover work is great.

This album was lambasted universally, everybody wanted to knock it down. I was listening to it the other day and I just don't comprehend why "Ringo the Fourth" was so panned when it came out.
Berkeleyan
Gold member :)

Postby Steve-o » Tue Feb 03, 2004 12:10 pm

Wow, Berk. I just don't hear it. Taste is always subjective I guess. Maybe I'll give it a spin soon, but I was SO disappointed when it came out---a big comedown from previous offerings, for me. I think "Ringo" spoiled alot of us--a very very good album.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby dsnito » Wed Feb 04, 2004 7:16 am

OK,OK Berk, great collaborators on(Spinozza also played on Paul's "Ram")"The 4th", there are few good moments, it can't be denied, but the CONTEXT of the album doesn't please me so much...that "Drowning In The Sea..."disco-beat, I couldn't swallow it until today...

Peace,
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Berkeleyan » Wed Feb 11, 2004 7:44 am

Yes, sure - Disco music is bad for our ears and musical judgement...BUT if it's Ringo plus great backing band then I can tolerate it...[:)], even tap my feet to the beat...I confess [:D]
Berkeleyan

Postby kylestyle » Fri Apr 16, 2004 5:19 am

I had this record, but I hated it, it was pretty much unlistenable. Please don't flame me, I just think this album was plain out-right sucky. I later sold it to a second-hand goods shop for 50 cents.
I needed comfort of love just to get me some piece of mind.. wo-oh
kylestyle

Postby Steve-o » Sat Apr 17, 2004 1:28 am

kylestyle wrote:I had this record, but I hated it, it was pretty much unlistenable.
On this we can agree, KS. I bought it when it came out. Listened to it a few times. It's been gathering dust for nearly 30 years now. I keep it only to complete the collection. I'm glad that albums were cheap back then, lol.
How Come No One Older Than Me Ever Seems To Understand The Things I Wanna To Do?
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Previous

Return to RINGO