Ringo - was he great actor??

Discussions related to Ringo Starr as Beatle and his solo career.

Moderator: Mike

Postby chris » Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:49 pm

The only reason I sat through Caveman was because Ringo was in it. Somebody, I don't care whom, but somebody owes me about two hours of my life back. Just dreadfull.
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby funkbeatle » Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:31 pm

Ringo may be humorous but I ever noticed a bit of sadness in his eyes
funkbeatle

Postby btls4ever1940 » Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:58 pm

I think Ringo is a very good actor. I loved him in Shining Time Station as the conductor.
btls4ever1940

Postby Scott Dossett » Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:20 pm

btls4ever1940 wrote:I think Ringo is a very good actor. I loved him in Shining Time Station as the conductor.

I watched "That'll Be The Day" on 11-01-06 which starred David Esssex and Ringo...Ringo played a Carny who was working at a Summer Camp during his vacation to earn some cash and earn some "birds". Billy Fury, of Larry Parnes fame, played Tempest Storm (a Rory Storm takeoff) who was the lead singer in the band which played nightly for the campers. John Byrne (Johnny Guitar) also was in the band. Pretty cool movie.

Essex nor Starr played music in the movie but Essex bought a guitar as the movie ended...Its not the most wonderful movie of all time but I'd recommend it for sure.
Scott Dossett

Postby Genuine_Indian_Guru » Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:52 pm

Dick Lester said that George was the "Natural" of the boys.
I do love ringo's part in A hard Day's Night
I go back so far... I'm in front of me!
Genuine_Indian_Guru
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Scott Dossett » Mon Nov 20, 2006 1:20 pm

maccastheman wrote:
theDingle wrote:
I dug his Anthology commentary, even though he wasn't necessarily acting, but he sure came across genuinely sincere and honest, he was the real deal.

Ditto that. I loved Ringo on the Anthology. My favorite part was when he was talking about the kid in Australia on crutches that tossed them aside as if he was healed, then all of a sudden he fell flat on his face. Ringo was so dry when told that story. I just started laughing hysterically. He has a gift for commentary - no question. I just wanted to hear more and more Ringo stories.

"I hated the Phillipines...I've never been back" That's was my fav. Ringo line in The Anthology or was it when he was talking to John about he and Yoko's Two Virgins album cover and Ringo said, "Oh, I see you've got The Times on it...Like his d*ck wasn't hanging out" Pretty dang funny stuff !
Scott Dossett

Previous

Return to RINGO