MAGIC CHRISTIAN to be on BBC 2 tonight @ 10 PM

Discussions related to Ringo Starr as Beatle and his solo career.

Moderator: Mike

MAGIC CHRISTIAN to be on BBC 2 tonight @ 10 PM

Postby I am the Paulrus » Tue Aug 30, 2005 1:50 pm

MAGIC CHRISTIAN, starring Ringo Starr and Peter Sellers, to be on BBC 2 tonight @ 10 PM.

look for john cleese as an art dealer at an art auction and graham chapman as the captain of the oxford rowing team when they show the oxford- cambrige rowing match. also, look for a cameo by christopher lee. contrary to what i read, it was said john and yoko would be in the film. they are just people dressed to look like them. i have the dvd of the film and i freezed-framed the scene where they are in the film. guy dressed as john hardly even looks like him.
also, look for patrick cargill, who the played the police superintendent in HELP!, as the auctioneer.
ImageImage
I am the Paulrus
Silver member
Silver member

Postby jules » Sat Dec 10, 2005 7:48 pm

I watched this and although I love Sellers' other films (especially Being There, There's A Girl In My Soup and the Pink Panthers) I thought this was pure Sixties drivel. Ringo was, as ever, amiable enough, but he didn't have a lot to do. The plot was nowhere to be seen and the film was devoid of charm and wit. A waste of talent. It was written by Terry Southern, I think. What could he have been on?
jules

Postby 2 of 3 » Sat Dec 10, 2005 9:32 pm

No mention of the soundtrack? :oops: :wink:
2 of 3
Supporter
Supporter

Return to RINGO